Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#31 2009-07-29 08:44:15

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: Destined Solitaire

Well I had three on order from Amazon UK. Got one, and have been told that I can't have the other 2 until after August 14.

So I can only assume this means Amazon UK have sold out!

#32 2009-07-29 13:45:55

ElMayonnaise

Have a feeling Amazon UK only had 1 to begin with wink

#33 2009-07-29 15:39:04

Rikard Sjöblom

Well that's one at least wink

#34 2009-07-30 20:52:37

mpomy
Website

Had to break down and make an order through Amazon US.  According to their info, I may have this VERY soon!

#35 2009-07-30 22:10:05

Fredrik

ElMayonnaise wrote:

Have a feeling Amazon UK only had 1 to begin with wink

You might very well be right. Amazon now state up to 20 days for a delivery. I have tried to get it as an over the counter item this week but according to the record shops here in Sweden, the album is not even announced as an upcoming release. And none of my regular online shops carry it (Progress Recs, Record Heaven). One cannot help but wonder if the insolvency of the record company has fucked up distribution too...

#36 2009-07-31 05:26:13

hassanguason

I'm from mexico and it's nearly impossible to get all their albums without spending millions of money, so i have this idea. Someone rip "destined solitaire" into flac or wav formats, scan the booklet, the back cover, etc. then upload the files to mediafire, make a blog post with all the info, you know, so i can make my pirated version and pretend it's the original.

Then Rikard would give me an account number or his address and i'd be happy to send him the right amount of money he and the guys deserve for making these awesome songs.

...well, i'm just dreaming awake :-)

#37 2009-07-31 10:56:05

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Just had an email from Amazon UK to say that they have dispatched the other 2 copies - so it looks like they have managed to restock.

#38 2009-07-31 19:04:54

EbbandFlow
Website

hassanguason wrote:

Then Rikard would give me an account number or his address and i'd be happy to send him the right amount of money he and the guys deserve for making these awesome songs.

Can you *put* a $ amount on that?  Art is priceless!  ;-)

BTW - I'm digging the album *so far*!  I've only listened through from start-to-finish once though and, as most prog albums go, it doesn't all soak in right away.  The death-metal growl bit didn't quite "fit in" for me but again, that was listen #1 and I could point out several hundred moments that "fit in" *just fine*!  X~P

Also Rikard - you definitely do seem to drop more "F-bombs" on this album but no *FZ* bombs  ;-) 
(Viva Zappa)

Great job again boys and maybe I'll add some more feedback once I get a chance at absorbing this album a bit more...

#39 2009-07-31 19:15:42

mpomy
Website

Amazon U.S. did a HUGE job getting the disc to mein a timely fashion.  Let the listening commence!!  I've got a nice car ride coming up tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to play it loud and really let the joy sink in.

#40 2009-08-02 01:02:23

Fredrik

Finally got it, thanks to Stefan Dimle of Mellotron Records.

#41 2009-08-02 07:51:59

Bertovo
Website

Rikard's voice sounds like a chorus of heavenly angels on At Home... Watching Movies

#42 2009-08-02 12:59:42

Rikard Sjöblom

>Bertovo: Thanks!

To all of you: I would (as Fredrik wrote) recommend you all to buy it through mellotronen.com if you purchase in Sweden, coz all the other places that I've found seem to charge insane prices, up to 249:- (at cdon.se... ) Stefan and his team has the humane price of 159:- for Destined Solitaire and the artwork itself is worth that big_smile
Pretty soon we'll be setting up a webshop of our own as well and then we will ofcourse recommend you to shop through there but for now I think mellotronen is your best bet in Sweden at least!

Cheers - Rikard

#43 2009-08-03 18:37:51

mpomy
Website

WOW - how f'ing great is this record?!?  I have to say that listening at low volume while trying to do a thousand other things at work, it sounded like I wasn't going to like it as the previous outings; too complex and outrageous.  But then, driving to DC to see ProgNation (boo-hoo, no Beardfish), I cranked it up in the car and DAMN!!  There is a ton of depth in these compositions, so it will be a process to digest, but right away, I am loving 'Awaken The Sleeping', 'Where The Rain Comes In', 'Coup de Grace' and especialy 'Abigails Questions'.  I'm really taken with the lyrics too.  Again, this will take several more listens, but I'm hearing a lot about what its like to be in this band and how that life can make you crazy and be really rewarding and enriching at the same time.  All in all, this is great stuff.  Sorry to have not gotten to see the live show yet, but I feel like there's enough Beardfish momentum that I will eventually get my chance.  Anyway - thanks for a(nother) great album.

#44 2009-08-03 21:39:14

EbbandFlow
Website

I'll report in a few more times with some of my other thoughts on the album but for now:  the *stand-out* track for me, personally, is "In Real Life There Is No Algebra".  Man, what a killer, mathematical groove!  I haven't gotten a chance to study the lyrics too in-depth yet in my listenings but there are a lot of funny lines in here too "teach me like you would a - teach me like you would a *DOG*", etc.  I continually shoved this tune down my fellow bandmates' respective throats all weekend.  Hopefully something stuck!  ;-)

Diggin' it guys!

#45 2009-08-03 21:51:23

ich_bin_besser

First reviews on Germany's biggest prog review site are very promising: http://www.babyblaue-seiten.de/album_10062.html#16045
If I find the time (which I probably will as I'm on school vacations for 3 more weeks), I'll translate it soon.
Still waiting for my copy from I/O.

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam