Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-08 14:25:49

EbbandFlow
Website

I want to buy your album!

I've been turned on to Beardfish via some friends who let me know about the ZPZ/Dream Theater tour issues (the label going bankrupt).  That's a real shame - it sounds like it would've been a great medium for you guys to present yourselves in America.  In the meantime, now that I'm really digging what I hear from you guys, I want to *support* you an purchase some of your albums.  Problem is: your site is down.  I could search amazon or something and buy from a 3rd party but I want to ensure that *you guys* get the most $ out of the transaction possible.  Please let me know what avenue I should pursue purchasing your music (as a US citizen).

Thanks and keep up the great work!

#2 2009-07-08 21:44:28

Hugo F.
Website

Re: I want to buy your album!

Perhaps you could buy them straight from the label? At least Inside Out have a shop. They have all Beardfish CD's in stock, and some others. Though you'd have to pay in expensive Euros. "The Sane Day" for example, would cost you a whopping $28 ex. P&P!

Better to try the smaller independent dealers from the US, like Wayside, Syn Phonic or The Laser's Edge. Supporting these small indie Prog retailers is as important as supporting the bands.

#3 2009-07-09 19:45:38

EbbandFlow
Website

Hugo F. wrote:

Perhaps you could buy them straight from the label? At least Inside Out have a shop. They have all Beardfish CD's in stock, and some others. Though you'd have to pay in expensive Euros. "The Sane Day" for example, would cost you a whopping $28 ex. P&P!

Better to try the smaller independent dealers from the US, like Wayside, Syn Phonic or The Laser's Edge. Supporting these small indie Prog retailers is as important as supporting the bands.

Thanks for the suggestions, Hugo!  Yeah $28 US is a bit much for me.  I'll check out some of the indie dealers you mentioned and hopefully I can find some Beardfish there!

#5 2009-07-09 20:30:44

EbbandFlow
Website

Funny you should mention that, Steve because that's where I just started looking after the indies that Hugo mentioned.  I'll "price shop" between those options.  I'd just like to know that the members are actually seeing the $ when I purchase it.  I suppose as long as I'm buying it "new" and not "used" somewhere, I should be alright.

Thanks guys!

#6 2009-07-09 20:34:35

ich_bin_besser

Though I'm from Germany, I can highly recommend http://synphonic.8m.com/country/sweden.htm Greg has good prices and delivers very fast. Here's what he has:

# BEARDFISH - Fantastic prog rock with heavy Gentle Giant, Mirthrandir, Yezda Urfa and even Spock’s Beard influences.  Recommended!  http://www.myspace.com/beardfishband
# FRAN EN PLATS DU EJ KAN SE $15
# THE SANE DAY (2 CD) $22
# SLEEPING IN TRAFFIC:  PART ONE $15
# SLEEPING IN TRAFFIC:  PART TWO $15

And I'm sure he'll also get the new one. He has almost everything...
Ordering at I/O is expensive for you, yes. Especially German shipping costs are much higher than the American ones. Can't blame I/O for that...

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#7 2009-07-14 19:08:13

EbbandFlow
Website

Wound up purchasing the first album as it's OOP and I hadn't heard it yet.  Cool stuff so far (about halfway through).  They definitely developed further in the song-writing department.  Can't wait to hear the new album - will definitely be purchasing it!

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam