You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-20 16:13:13

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Karmakanic DOT

Jonas Reingold wrote:

Hey Everybody,

Now you can pre-order the long awaited Karmakanic "DOT" The first 100 will numbered and signed by yours truly. I´m very proud of this release and I worked my ass off so it meets the highest level. The Bonus DVD is worth the price alone, 2 hours and 20 min of live footage, interviews, the making of DOT etc etc.

Watch a preview here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe06Dh_oh8o

The band, who originally formed in 2002, have returned with their first studio album since 2011's much-praised 'In A Perfect World' and the current line-up includes Jonas Reingold (The Flower Kings), Göran Edman (Yngwie Malmsteen), Morgan Ågren (Casualties Of Cool, Frank Zappa, Steve Vai), Lalle Larsson (Agents Of Mercy), Nils Erikson, Krister Jonsson, Andy Bartosh and Ray Aichinger

Jonas Reingold had this to say about the album and its themes: "I got my inspiration to start writing DOT when I stumbled upon a text by the famous American author and astronomer Carl Sagan a while ago. He was talking about how small and insignificant we are in this vast universe.
It's fascinating to think that this little dot is all we are and all we'll ever be. It gives us perspective. And I think perspective is a great tool for making good choices."

'DOT' also features a track co-written with Jonas' old buddy and colleague from The Tangent, Andy Tillison, and he also contributes Hammond organ on the epic track 'God, The Universe and everything else no one really cares about' which clocks in at nearly 30 minutes. You can find the full track-listing below:

1. Dot
2. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 1
3. Higher Ground
4. Steer By The Stars
5. Travelling Minds
6. God The Universe And Everything Else No One Really Cares About Part. 2

The artwork for 'DOT' (below) was created by Hugh Syme, who has previously made covers for Rush, Aerosmith & Iron Maiden. The album will be available as a CD/DVD digipak (featuring 'The Making Of DOT', Karmakanic Live In The US and Interviews), LP with CD & digital download.

https://www.progforums.com/ForumImages/KarmakanicDOT.jpg

Karmakanic "Dot" CD+DVD Pre-Order Now!!! First 100 Get Signed and Numbered €17.95
Karmakanic "DOT" Vinyl Pre Order Now!!! €19.95
The Fringe Pre-Order Now!!! €14.95

Prices excl. VAT

Thank you for believing in us and that you supporting music for the fans by the fans. By buying from Reingold Records you supporting the musicians directly. Thank you!!!

Have a great progressive summer!!!

Jonas Reingold

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam