Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-25 14:50:36

SteveA
Administrator
Website

David Gilmour new album Rattle That Lock

DAVIDGILMOUR.COM wrote:

RATTLE THAT LOCK is David Gilmour’s fourth solo album and follows the No1 platinum release ‘On An Island’ (although in the interim there was of course the Pink Floyd release ‘The Endless River;’ which went to No 1 in 21 countries). It was released worldwide on Friday 18 September 2015, and is available now.

Rattle That Lock includes 10 songs, all with music by David: 5 with lyrics by novelist Polly Samson, 2 by David himself and 3 instrumentals. French composer Michaël Boumendil has also contributed to the title track, about which more below.

The album was recorded at various places, including David’s Astoria houseboat studio and in Hove, Sussex, UK. As with ‘On An Island’, production was by David Gilmour and Roxy Music’s Phil Manzanera, with engineering by Andy Jackson, assisted by Damon Iddins.

Live dates have been booked to support the album release, and, in addition to the 2015 dates across Europe, several shows have been announced in North America for March and April 2016, with stops in Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago and New York.

https://www.progforums.com/ForumImages/GilmourRattle.png

DAVIDGILMOUR.COM

#2 2015-11-30 06:50:58

Svetonio

Re: David Gilmour new album Rattle That Lock

I saw Mr Gilmour live in Pula Arena this year, where he played a few tracks from the new allbum, and those new tracks sound pretty good live, but at the home stereo, the same tracks are really nothing special imo.

Last edited by Svetonio (2015-11-30 06:52:45)

#3 2015-12-01 20:50:17

SteveA
Administrator
Website

I think DG has become a bit easy listening in his old age, but that's how he likes it.

I've listened to RtL a few times and its nice background music, but not technically very engaging.

Anyway, these days he makes the music HE enjoys, and if his fans like it, that's a bonus!

#4 2015-12-02 09:11:27

Svetonio

My favourite his solo album is that self-titled debut.

Last edited by Svetonio (2015-12-02 10:09:48)

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam