Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-07 20:42:39

Hugo F.
Website

En Rak Hoger discontinued ??

What the..?
I have to confess I still haven't bought the album. I wanted to do so this year. But now the online dealers say it's discontinued! Tell me, what's going on? Will it be rereleased?

#2 2009-03-14 20:37:21

Hugo F.
Website

Re: En Rak Hoger discontinued ??

Hej guys, I REALLY want to know!

Will it be rereleased with bonustracks? In that case I'll wait some more wink

#3 2009-04-06 21:39:15

klotetpåhl

hey Hugo,

Sorry for not replying, I didn't notice your thread until now. Pardon my bad english, but what does "discontinued" mean? I have not heard anything about the album being sold out from the label, if that's what it's referring to.  And we are not planning a re-release (yet). Sorry about this ... shit, I have to mail Musea right away. I'll try to keep you updated!

#4 2009-04-07 14:05:04

Hugo F.
Website

Thanks Pahl. Yes it means out of print.
According to Amazon:

En Rak Hoger by Klotet (Audio CD - Oct 21, 2008)
4 Used & new from $5.00
This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
Music: See all 2 items

Luckily I found it, so I can order it. But this would mean it's one of the last copies around, I guess.
I will buy it soon!

#5 2009-04-11 17:38:40

klotetpåhl

i just recieved mail from Musea and they say they still have copies left at their store. If the record is discontinued at another web store, it means that their specific supply has run out (according to musea)... thanks for noticing & take care!

#7 2009-04-14 15:54:18

Hugo F.
Website

This sunday I will visit the biggest record fair in Europe, in Utrecht. I will buy En Rak Hoger there. No problem big_smile

How's the new album shaping up?

#8 2009-04-15 10:56:58

klotetpåhl

Wow, that sounds like a place to get broke, huh? Hope you find some interesting stuff, though...

The new album hasn't really started to shape up yet - we have a couple of new songs written and we'll be trying them out live in the near future. Hopefully we will start recording during the summer. The new songs will be more straight-forward and melody based, probably a bit rougher at the edges too (as you might have heard on the "hållplats hades" video). We are planning to make the recording process simpler and quicker this time. But the actual release of the album is an entirely different question... The last release was a bit of a drag and we're really looking forward to releasing the next one faster! Maybe we'll give Musea a chance, maybe we'll release it ourselves, maybe we'll give it away as a free download...? Any ideas?!

#9 2009-04-15 11:38:08

Hugo F.
Website

Thanks for the update.
Yeah, it's a very big fair:

Rougher edges aren't a problem. I don't care for downloads though, generally they sound crap.
Perhaps, if you want to release it yourself, you could try teaming up with Rikard from Beardfish. He will release his Gungfly album on his own little label, he said.

No need to offer it free.

#10 2009-04-20 14:46:08

Hugo F.
Website

So, I bought the album. Along with some other gems smile
Great album. Ofcourse I knew the samples from myspace but it's really nice to actually have the CD.
Still, many online stores don't list it anymore. Dunno why this is though.

#11 2009-04-22 22:31:35

klotetpåhl

ok, glad you got it, and that you like it. don't know why the online stores don't list it. perhaps they bought very small supplies... or they might have thrown them away... what else did you buy?

#12 2009-04-23 11:44:59

Hugo F.
Website

Here's what I bought:

Klotet - En Rak Hoger
Wobbler - Afterglow
Karmakanic - Who's the Boss...
Mezquita - Recuerdos de mi Tierra
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I Califfi - Fiore di Metallo
Biglietto Per L'Inferno - Boxset containing 2 studio and 1 live CD, DVD and book.
Il Balletto di Bronzo - Live in Rome DVD

And after all that..I discovered Stefan Dimle with his MELLOTRONEN stand... But by that time I already ran out of money sad
He had some nice stuff on his table but he said he would be there next time! So, next time more luck for me!
Still I talked to him a bit about the label and PAATOS. Very nice guy.
There's a new CD in the works with a female singer and MORTE MACABRE as backing big_smile Looking forward to that one.

#13 2009-04-23 23:06:29

klotetpåhl

ok, cool. we've had a lot of contact with dimle and he's been to a couple of our shows. great guy and a fantastic musician! i guess the female singer you're thinking about fronting morte macabre is emma nordenstam... she's been performing with them for a while. she's amazing too. check her out here: www.myspace.com/emmanordenstam

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam