Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-29 01:44:27

Davyo

Davy O'List

Try This

https://soundcloud.com/da....-220259060

Teamrock.com makes Second Thoughts TOP OF THE ALBUM REVIEWS (by Geoff Barton editor of Classic Rock magazine) Renowned prog eccentric Davy O’List is best known for being the founding guitarist of The Nice. But I’ll always remember him as a member of avant-garde glam-rock combo Jet. A very bizarre mid-70s interview with O’List and Jet band mate Andy Ellison (later of Radio Stars) still haunts me to this day.

Second Thoughts, O’List’s first solo album since 1997’s Flight Of The Eagle, is a Topsy-turvy amalgam of rock, pop, funk, jazz, classical music and... oh yes, more than a hint of madness. Key to its appeal is O’List’s guitar tone, surely the best in western civilization. Crisp, gritty and rending, when his hitherto restrained six-string explodes into life midway through the title track, it’s a full-on batten-down-the-hatches moment.

Elsewhere, The Emperor is a boggling mishmash of Blackmore’s Night and Tarkus; Bonnie K is a raw re-imagination of The Nice original; To The Stars is more cracked than a UFO spotter’s binoculars. Epic closing track Halfway To Heaven has backing vocals by a gurgling baby, by which time nothing surprises you.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam