Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#2 2011-09-22 17:26:07

Emi

Re: Dark Poet performed for TV

I see this performance once a week, love the work of Robert and the intro/outro. Not enogh applause :@

#3 2011-09-23 14:35:24

Rikard Sjöblom

Yeah... some terrible vocals in that performance from me, but what the hell. Revenge is coming smile         ....some day!

#4 2011-09-23 21:31:53

Hugo F.
Website

Talking about vocals. Rikard, do you have a vocal coach or teacher who gives you advice/ tips?
Your vocals on Mammoth aren't as good as on the previous albums. IMO(!) Sounds like you're straining in some parts.
I still like what I hear, don't get  me wrong. But it just sounds different on Mammoth.
I'm sure that there are many factors that can influence the voice. Do you agree, or do you think I type crap smile

And when will you be coming to Holland again!! It's oh so quiet! Shh.. shh....

#5 2011-09-26 03:06:41

Rikard Sjöblom

Never been to a vocal coach, no... The thing with Mammoth is that a lot of the vocal parts were written with an approach to scream a lot more than I've done in the past. I've been able to work around it since then in live situations and such and some of the melodies have actually been altered from the album versions, not in a big dramatic way - just to ease it up a bit. I'm glad with the end result of Mammoth though, because in the early stages of recording the vocals for it I almost went nuts because I lost my voice, not in a litteral sense, but I lost my footing and I didn't know how I was gonna sing a lot of the stuff. All the melodies were written and done, but I couldn't hit the notes in the way I wanted to.. Then one night it just came, all at once basically, beginning with Green Waves. I think the straining in my voice on the actual album comes a lot from me singing the songs a few too many times during the recording sessions... Last year was not a great year for me vocally! You know how it is, ups and downs..

#6 2011-09-26 14:15:59

Hugo F.
Website

Thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to hearing some new stuff.

#7 2011-09-26 19:47:06

lostmumin

Of course the voice is important,but you have a great voice,rikard,naturally,that is the most important thing
maybe there are some things to train  ,but for me you have you have a great voice
hope beatrdfish soon will get the attention it deserves!

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam