Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-20 18:04:39

Rikard Sjöblom

Gungfly news!!

Hi guys!

Working on the upcoming Gungfly release "Lamentations" and if everything goes according to schedule it'll probably be out in the end of may!! Yes, that's right! PROGRESS RECORDS will release it and I just felt I should tell you guys first of all. Cover art and stuff will probably be ready next week. BUT wait, that's not all.. The album will contain a bonus DVD with a concert from 2009!! (The one that some of you have been inquiring about from time to time...)

In light of this I also started a Facebook page for Gungfly at http://www.facebook.com/p....8091127385
feel free to join! I'll be adding a track from the new album there in a few days, so don't miss it!

Cheers - Rikard

#2 2011-04-20 22:08:59

hassanguason

Re: Gungfly news!!

yay! big_smile

#3 2011-04-20 22:21:09

Hugo F.
Website

#4 2011-04-23 21:33:53

silentman1994

Fantastic news

#5 2011-04-28 05:22:40

Laci

I can't tell You how much I'm excited to hear this....!!!!!!smile

#6 2011-04-29 03:19:06

Nick

New song has me quite excited about this!

#7 2011-05-01 01:15:25

Miner

I have just listened to the new song on the Facebook page, I like it!! (as always…)

#8 2011-05-01 22:33:09

bonzoWhale

Excellent! big_smile

#9 2011-05-31 21:34:14

Rikard Sjöblom

So, the new Gungfly album "Lamentations" was actually released TODAY (!), believe it or not... hasn't been much fuzz about it yet since I've been kinda busy with a whole lot of other stuff. But enough of that! It hasn't even reached many of the retailers and distributors yet and I haven't added it to the webshop (www.gungfly.net) either (gonna try to do it asap) but meanwhile, these guys were fast as holy hell to get it out there: www.recordheaven.net

The album comes in a 6-sided digipack with a bonus DVD featuring a concert from 2009 and a music video for "On and on" from "Please Be Quiet"!

Stay tuned for reviews and stuff!

#11 2011-06-10 11:00:58

steffen

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

So, the new Gungfly album "Lamentations" was actually released TODAY (!), believe it or not... hasn't been much fuzz about it yet since I've been kinda busy with a whole lot of other stuff. But enough of that! It hasn't even reached many of the retailers and distributors yet and I haven't added it to the webshop (www.gungfly.net) either (gonna try to do it asap) but meanwhile, these guys were fast as holy hell to get it out there: www.recordheaven.net

The album comes in a 6-sided digipack with a bonus DVD featuring a concert from 2009 and a music video for "On and on" from "Please Be Quiet"!

Stay tuned for reviews and stuff!

Hi Rikard !

I tried to order the new Gungfly CD/DVD from the site, but everytime I come to the place where to
choose the shipping rate, the site gets an error, so I can´t finish placing the order ??

#12 2011-06-10 13:38:46

Miner

Hi Steffen!
I’ve ordered it a couple of days ago, and I had no problem. I’ve tried again right now (in euro and shipping to Belgium) and I came normally to the “complete order” step.
At least in my case, the only shipping method available is “overseas”, and it goes directly from “ship methods” to “complete order” (it skips over the “payment method” step), but in the “complete order” step it shows that the only payment method available is PayPal. Maybe this helps you?
Good luck! smile

#13 2011-06-10 14:25:04

ich_bin_besser

Announcing arrival in Germany. smile

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#14 2011-06-10 16:15:59

steffen

Miner wrote:

Hi Steffen!
I’ve ordered it a couple of days ago, and I had no problem. I’ve tried again right now (in euro and shipping to Belgium) and I came normally to the “complete order” step.
At least in my case, the only shipping method available is “overseas”, and it goes directly from “ship methods” to “complete order” (it skips over the “payment method” step), but in the “complete order” step it shows that the only payment method available is PayPal. Maybe this helps you?
Good luck! smile

THANKS ! I managed a deal with Rikard :-)

#15 2011-07-13 10:12:53

Laci

Gungfly is definitely my "band". Lamentations permanently rolls in my player and it always gives me something new. This albums is not as flying, evident, or catchy as Please Be Quiet was because it's much "darker", but equally manifold, and has the same depth and musical side. Simply mesmerizing! Tough lyrics ( already the opening Bringing Down The Walls punches a big to your stomach), and again trumpet gives an other dimension to the whole scene, as did it for example in the unreachable Crimson Coloured Negative on the debut album. Besides the melodies and Rikard's voice...
If you are not your own enemy then must have it!

I am so lucky to buy Lamentations together with the Cyklonmannen album. What to say and how to express what a shockingly good it is? I'm still searching my chin, even after listen to it more than a month! So original, unique, mystical, exciting that took me prisoner at first meeting. Pure art...

I was in heaven and met Saint Peter.
I told him that I would like to meet Rikard.
He says it's impossible, but we can just walk around.
After two minutes I see someone who looks, moves and speaks like Rikard.
I say STOP to St Peter, I found him!
He says no, it's not Rikard.
Then who, I ask.
He is God - he answers -, but today he imagines he is Rikard.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam