Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#76 2011-04-01 19:56:30

ich_bin_besser

Re: Mammoth!

Dang, the DVD does not run probably on my DVD player (audio skippings). Fortunately, all is fine on my PC. Watching now. smile

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#77 2011-04-01 20:48:37

Hugo F.
Website

ich_bin_besser wrote:

Dang, the DVD does not run probably on my DVD player (audio skippings). Fortunately, all is fine on my PC. Watching now. smile

Might be a PAL/ NTSC thing.

Is your player a PAL player? The DVD is in NTSC, as most IO Music DVDs are. PAL players have an internal converter for NTSC, but sometimes the conversion is a bit problematic. Set you player to NTSC (can be done in one of the menus) and see if it works better.

If not, well at least you tried smile

#78 2011-04-01 21:22:59

ich_bin_besser

Oh well, the small details... wink

Never had that problem before. All of my other NTSC DVDs play fine here.
Whatever the cause is, all DVDs should be the same format, btw. Same with the metric system or Fahrenheit/Celcius.

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#79 2011-04-02 14:53:19

ElMayonnaise

Really enjoying the new album didn't get a t-shirt so will have to wait until the gigs in the UK tongue

Enjoyed the live songs on the dvd, bit disappointed with the making of though (Too much live footage, not enough making of) but nothing that ruined the experience smile

#80 2011-04-03 13:35:47

ElMayonnaise

Just got to the end of the Live Footage don't know if its me or does it sound like Rikard says

"Stay tuned for Penis Salvation!"

lol

#81 2011-04-03 22:29:07

Rikard Sjöblom

you bet I did big_smile

#82 2011-04-04 12:49:34

Laci

Finally it has arrived!

The package is wonderful! Very beautiful cover, it is nice to hold in hands and turn it round...

The music is recognazible at once, You have own, original and adorable face:)
Personally I feel a bit more melancholic, as if there is a darker tone there, which suits my soul perfectly.
After Destined Solitaire I feared a bit how to continue the line, because that was such a great, complex, color- and powerful album, but I think we can just congratulate You in every sense, this is an adorable and equally nice music!

With the DVD I have ambivalent feelings. It is great to see You in private, but have to agree with ElMayonnaise, I would have liked to see more of this part. As You discussed some musical themes, walked in streets showing us the environment. Not fatal mistake, just had to notice it...
Seeing this Dutch gig and thinking back of Budapest on the ship, I must say that I feel sorry not to record THAT show. The problem is not your performance, but the audience. They stand here as silent sculptures, no any sign of life. Everyone who was there can remember back that atmosphere...but OK, the point is to have some quality live from YOU:)

Rikard, this is the last I'm asking You about GUNGFLY DVD.
Is there any chance for it?smile

#83 2011-04-04 16:29:37

Rikard Sjöblom

Thanks for your thoughts and comments! Regarding the Gungfly DVD, that recording will probably be added as a bonus DVD for the upcoming Gungfly album which will (if everything goes according to schedule) be released this summer smile

#84 2011-04-05 07:54:14

Laci

S...s....sorry???
New Gungfly album maybe already this summer???? Please someone hold me, I've lost the balance.....!!!smile)))

When did You have time to compose it?
How many songs we can expect? What will be the title?smile))

Uhh, I'm really in shock...what a news!
With Please Be Quiet You placed the standard to very high, almost impossible to reach, so Please Be Careful:)
I know it will be superb and can't wait to listen to it!

THANKS Rikard!

#85 2011-04-07 05:05:47

Proxysix

Just bought it today, I am eagerly awaiting its arrival

#86 2011-04-10 11:32:13

Miner

Well, it’s been almost two weeks listening to Mammoth daily, and I have to say that I like it! Just a note: Magnus, I really love the sound of your drums in “And the stone said…”, it feels like a lot of energy, this song is absolutely epic, exciting. I love the guitar too, David! I saw it live in the Spirit of 66, and I’d like to see it again soon!
Don’t forget the merch for the next gigs, I won’t miss the opportunity of having a Mammoth white vinyl!  (and t-shirts and the Gungfly new album and “The Early Years” release… and maybe a big bag to carry it all tongue)

#87 2011-04-14 00:33:05

silentman1994

Totally agree with your thoughts especially the drums.  "And the stone said..." as of now is my favorite track and most listened to.  Though I am usually listening to the album straight through

#88 2011-04-14 02:52:36

Kazza3

Hey guys, I stayed off here for a while before the cd finally arrived and it was worth it, it is, as  usual, absolutely amazing. Favourites have gotta be And The Stone Said and The Platform, but Stone in particular is phenomenal. Actually, screw favourites, they're all that good. Love the addition of sax on this album (though in the liner notes it says alto and bari sax- pretty sure it's alto and tenor? Unless I'm missing something somewhere), and love the jazz on Akakabotu, from a long-time jazz fine and clari/sax player, it's great. big_smile
Also- Rikard, your voice has gotten even better, especially the lovely falsettos. And fiery solos from everyone.

The DVD is just massive, thankyou so much for pulling that together. I love the swing version of the Until You Comply outro. smile
And I got the t-shirt too, wore it with pride at my band's last gig!

#89 2011-04-16 18:58:16

hassanguason

shakira yelling during the interview mad

#90 2011-04-16 22:15:11

Miner

Yes, in the bar! lol

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam