You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-11 14:03:46

Rikard Sjöblom

Some news!

On Christmas eve we head for the studio once again to record for the next
album. The working title for this one is "Destined Solitaire" and the songs
are more adventurous and flipped out than ever (not to mention some of the
lyrics!) so we're gonna have a good, hard time trying to tame this one for a
possible album - but that's what we do best!
Just like last time we're heading into the woods and more precisely the old
secluded scout cabin (where we recorded both "The Sane Day" and "SIT2") for
a week or so to record the basic tracks and then we hit the Grand studio in
Gävle to lay down vocals and to do the mix.
So sit tight, Beardies - a new one is in the works!

Cheers - Rikard Sjöblom of Beardfish

#2 2008-12-19 20:49:01

Bertovo
Website

Re: Some news!

Holy shit yes. 

You guys should do another documentary thing like last time, it was fun to watch smile

#3 2008-12-25 01:03:43

Guy

Thanks for keeping us informed, Rikard.  I like your description...I have no doubt it's gonna be great.

#4 2008-12-27 02:11:49

Fredrik

I'm very impressed by your latest album and your back catalogue.
I will absolutely get the new one too. Good luck in the studio!

#5 2009-01-01 12:10:17

Hugo F.
Website

Looking forward to the new stuff!

#6 2009-01-03 21:43:34

Christianopel

And is there any news about Beardfish and the Tangent yet?

#7 2009-01-07 11:52:13

Rikard Sjöblom

Something is being done everyday with the new recordings, we're currently doing some overdubs in my flat and soon we'll start recording vocals.

Cheers - Rikard

#8 2009-01-09 14:53:41

dtscape

Cheers Rikard for keeping us informed....

Got your last album(SIT 2) a couple of weeks back and I haven't stopped playing it... It grabbed me as soon as I played it. You guys groove incredibly. Absolutely LOVE IT!!!! I love all the hammond and old analogue synth sounds (I'm a big fan of early GENESIS and noticed the "Cinema Show" synth sound !!!! Gorgeous!!!!) You've regenerated my enthusiasm for music....

Since then I have ordered your back catalogue... can't wait to hear it.

Keep up the fantastic work... I'm sure you will!!!!!
Can't wait to hear the new album.

#9 2009-01-09 15:18:46

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Once you've listened to all the Beardfish stuff dtscape, you might like to move on to Bootcut (Rikard & Petter), then Rikard's various solo projects. Also if you like vintage keys, you'll probably enjoy Brighteye Brison too.

#10 2009-01-09 17:57:41

NormalReaction

Christianopel wrote:

And is there any news about Beardfish and the Tangent yet?

I too am interested to know about this.  I saw Beardfish with The Tangent at the Summers End show at Lydney, and was most impressed with the contribution that Beardfish made.  I also liked 'Into The Night', and as a consequence asked for (and got) SIT I and II for Christmas!

Did anyone else on this list see that show? What did you think?  I thought that there were too many people on a small stage, and was very disppointed with Guy Manning not having a silent tuner sorted out, as it ruined the start of 'In Earnest'.

'Sale of two souls' was good though, for a Peter Hammill fan!

I think Andy T and Theo with Beardfish would be enough members for a cohesive recording.  I don't think Jacko is needed with David's guitar.

#11 2009-01-09 22:33:02

Fredrik

SteveA wrote:

Once you've listened to all the Beardfish stuff dtscape, you might like to move on to Bootcut (Rikard & Petter), then Rikard's various solo projects. Also if you like vintage keys, you'll probably enjoy Brighteye Brison too.

Steve, I have been investigating what the Beardfish has spawned beside the main albums. Which is the best place to buy Bootcut and Cyklonmannen if you are based in Scandinavia? (Insideout adds an absurd 18.99 Euro extra for postage so they are out.) I would also be interested to hear how Bongo Fury sounds like.

Funny you should mention Brighteye Brison - they are on my watch list to check out as soon as the economy is stable smile

#12 2009-01-10 01:05:06

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Well, I agree about IO's prices, but I'm not in Scandinavia, I'm in the UK!

I tend to shop around whenever I buy CDs. I buy from anywhere, including Marketplace on Amazon (.co.uk, .com, .de and .fr)

Every CD purchase starts as a Google search wink

Of course, I also try to buy direct from the artist if that maximises their profit. For TFK / Bodin / Karmakanic / Brighteye Brison, these can be got from the TFK merch store (or directly from Brian Dorbuck in the US).

#13 2009-01-10 22:34:03

Hugo F.
Website

Fredrik wrote:

Which is the best place to buy Bootcut and Cyklonmannen if you are based in Scandinavia?

Basically I would recommend http://www.mellotronen.com/index3.html :
http://www.mellotronen.co....;tempCat=5

I bought mine from http://www.beyondrock.nl/ .Shey ship internationally and still list it in their catalogue.
They also list both BootCut albums.Which are great if you like Hansson/Karlsson or even Sagor & Swing.
Shipping inside Europe is E2,75 and outside Europe,E5,50.There's even an option to buy without jewelcase which,ofcourse,is cheaper.

Fredrik,where in Scandinavia are you located?Do you have a credit card?

#14 2009-01-12 00:21:58

Fredrik

Hugo, I'm in Sweden and I mainly buy from Amazon, with a credit card of course. Thank you for alerting me about Mellotronen and I'll check out beyondrock as soon as they are online again.

#15 2009-01-12 12:56:40

Hugo F.
Website

Fredrik wrote:

Hugo, I'm in Sweden and I mainly buy from Amazon, with a credit card of course. Thank you for alerting me about Mellotronen and I'll check out beyondrock as soon as they are online again.

You're welcome,Fredrik.

Beyond Rock will be back soon,with a completely new website.
It's run by Rob Hanemaayer.A very passionate guy who's main aim is to spread Progrock and related music.
He's also a collaborator of iO pages,a Dutch magazine about Progressive or Symphonic Rock (what they call it over here)

Another Swedish online store ofcourse is Record Heaven.I didn't mention them before because I couldn't find the Cyclonmannen CD there,but they do come recommended also.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam