Kazza3

Re: Mammoth!

The Platform in full is now up on PA:

http://www.progarchives.com/mp3.asp?id=5152

big_smile

#47 2011-03-03 08:01:17

Kazza3

Also, another place to buy from, with a T-SHIRT!!

http://www.cmdistro.com/I..../PKG000624

#48 2011-03-03 08:37:17

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Cool! So now I've changed my Amazon.de order to the vinyl version, and will get the CD/DVD/T-shirt from CMDiSTRO.

Thanks for the heads up wink

#49 2011-03-03 14:53:26

ich_bin_besser

Yeah for the shirt version! smile
Thanks for posting the link!

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#50 2011-03-03 18:52:06

Hugo F.
Website

I haven't really studied the link, but if I'm right this won't be anything cheap.
Shipping to Holland would probably be around $15 while the Amazon.de shipping is free.
This means I can get a free shirt...for $15!!

I'll wait for the tour wink

#51 2011-03-03 22:18:05

ich_bin_besser

I ordered from cmdistro. Shipping for that package is 8 $, so I get it for 20 Euro including shipping to Germany. amazon.de shipping is free for oders of 20 Euro or more, but they don't carry the shirt version.
So no question for me.
Would have preferred to order it from the band, though. But as they don't offer it...

My music list

#52 2011-03-12 21:05:57

ich_bin_besser

New review posted here: http://www.dreamtheaterfo....ic=21068.0 :

It could be surmised that being forced off of Dream Theater’s Progressive Nation tour in 2009 due to the financial difficulties of InsideOut was the worst thing that has ever happened to Beardfish. But really, was it all that bad? By simple being an act originally scheduled to play the tour the band saw more free promotion than many others will ever hope to get. At that time the band would have been supporting Destined Solitaire, but now, less than two years later after some light touring in Europe the band is set to release Mammoth, their sixth album.

The album begins with “The Platform”, an eight minute track that seems to have enough hooks for twenty minutes. The song seems to incorporate all the things Beardfish have done right over their career and I don’t think anyone who pops in this CD and hears this track will be anything other than excited for the rest of the album. The next track, “And the Stone Said” is the only true epic on the album and delivers everything you might expect from an epic, and from Beardfish. Four and a half minutes go by without vocals as the band delivers an interesting start the song which eventually takes shape as a somewhat more reserved tune featuring some amazing synth tones, big surprise there, I know.

Although not as musically stunning as some of the other tracks, “Tightrope” manages to be one of my favorites due to some beautiful and haunting parts, and the easily relatable lyrics about one-sided love that 99% of us have experienced at some points. Simple and to the point, the song truly shows the band at their most refined. Although the rest of the tracks have their strength I think “Akakabotu” deserves special mention. The five minute instrumental starts out with a simple base and throws in amazing leads left and right making it a melodic powerhouse.

Although Rikard Sjöblom and David Zackrisson put up great performances I think it’s bassist Robert Hansen that really shines on this album. His playing seems to generate more great musical moments than ever before and he is rather prominent in the mix, keeping his fantastic playing from being drowned out by the wonderful flourishes of his band mates. While I found Destined Solitaire to be a good album I felt the band was not hitting on all cylinders with the sound changes made after the Sleeping in Traffic albums. With Mammoth the band takes a big leap in refining that sound and ended up with a fantastic record. At this point most of the complete wackiness that was present in the band’s first few records is gone, but fantastic songwriting has remained as well as all new grooves and the always fantastic keyboard tones and playing of Rikard. The album is fresh and new, yet it is definitively Beardfish, just as it is certainly amazing.

Nick's Rating: 9.5/10

My music list

#53 2011-03-16 19:28:01

Hugo F.
Website

Hugo F. wrote:

*cough* I think it'll leak before the release date *cough*
Has happened before...will happen again. Will we be able to resist? Let's wait and see!

Well, it leaked... But, I could resist! wink
Only a few weeks now and this will be mine! Looking forward to the DVD as well big_smile

#54 2011-03-20 13:08:11

ProgSphere
CEO at Prog Sphere
Website

Read a review for Mammoth on Prog Sphere website, Mr. Dan Thaler completed recently, on a following link:

http://www.prog-sphere.co....h-mammoth/

#55 2011-03-23 12:12:58

Hugo F.
Website

Anyone's Mammoth been shipped yet? Won't take too long now!

#56 2011-03-24 03:31:40

Nick

My Mammoth proper shipped from CMDistro today.

#57 2011-03-25 10:06:31

Rikard Sjöblom

Hey hey hey!!!
We received the albums yesterday and may I say they look and sound delicious! In traditional manner we of course had to listen to it all in my flat (we've done this since our first album came out in 2003, unfortunately Robert couldn't be present yesterday but he'll hear it soon enough!) and then we also watched the DVD. I'm a happy camper! The vinyl really is something extra (being a vinylfreak myself of course I'm bound to say this), a 180 gram WHITE vinyl and don't even get me started on Spencer's artwork... oh man: that stuff was MADE for vinyl big_smile
I know that some of you are waiting for your shipments so I don't want to spoil the fun for you, but I'm glad we got to see and hear it before anyone else coz I was beginning to worry that our shipment was on it's way back to Germany for a while...
Cheers - Rikard

#58 2011-03-25 12:14:26

Hugo F.
Website

Yay! My Amazon.de order will arrive pretty soon now!

Artikel von
Amazon.de (verkauft durch Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1      Mammoth [Vinyl LP]    EUR 16,99
   1      Mammoth (Special Edition)    EUR 16,99
Versendet mit TNT (Lieferung voraussichtlich: März 28, 2011).

#59 2011-03-26 12:45:40

Hugo F.
Website

Holy Mammoth, Batman! It already arrived today!

#60 2011-03-26 15:45:21

Hugo F.
Website

Just watched the DVD. Great stuff! Rikard still struggles with his voice a bit after his fever a few weeks before this recording, but nothing serious.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam