Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#76 2009-10-29 19:32:47

Hugo F.
Website

Re: GUNGFLY - Rikard Sjöblom's solo project

My copy is on its way! It'll probably be here tomorrow! Yay!

#77 2010-01-29 00:47:39

hassanguason

I've just heard a new gungfly song minutes ago "White Light". Cool rock song!!!

Rikard, i have no doubt you are a very prolific musician, i would love to play with you someday..... just dreaming...

Thank you for letting us enjoy your new sounds, maaan!!

#78 2010-01-29 20:13:06

Rikard Sjöblom

Thanks man, and also a good reminder for people who frequent this forum; check out www.gungfly.net - there's a new song in the player that I recorded all by myself in october 2009! Hope you like it!

#79 2010-04-08 10:31:56

lostmumin

So i finally got my copy of "please be quiet".After an endless search for it on the internet,to find it for a reasonable price,and not wanting
to download it on amazon,I finally found it in the record/cd store in my hometown smile
I was quite surprised as i wasn't really searching for it,and of course bought it immediately.
And now its on heavy rotation in my cd player.
Am I wrong, or is there a "Ween" influence in the music,particularly in the song"Before the winter",the guitar solo made me smile.
Looking much forward to a new beardfish cd,and hope to see you soon on tour in southern Germany.

www.myspace.com/thelastmumin

#80 2010-04-09 03:33:00

Joe

lostmumin wrote:

Am I wrong, or is there a "Ween" influence in the music,particularly in the song"Before the winter",the guitar solo made me smile.

I thought it was more of a Dire Straits influence.

#81 2010-09-25 12:14:39

Rikard Sjöblom

Please Be Quiet is now available on Spotify!
http://open.spotify.com/album/0JAk2lWj4tN4TjB1gZUlpC
Cheers - Rikard

#82 2010-10-28 15:09:20

Laci

Jesus what a great album this is again from You....! So colorful, inspiring and positive!
Congratulations Rikard and THANKS again for the Budapest concert, it was so memorable and fulfilling!

#83 2011-01-09 17:18:15

Laci

I'm 40. To this age the man goes through too many things, even if he lives solid life. And then, after a time you perceive that not wilfully, but you start to calm down. You can't run or swim as before. Your eyes, legs, bones are not the same. You start to feel that even music can't touch you so strongly, with the old fire as in the beginning, because you feel you've heard everything. And then, as a thunder, totally unexpectedly this album hits you.
I'm listening to it and find myself in tears.
It is so honest, so natural in this plastic world that deserves all our smiles and tears. I can't understand how is it possible that all of this was born in one brain...
This album is like a trailer to a movie. You know, when they take all the good parts out and just flash them. Here you have only good parts. You don't feel that you want to jump to the next song, from the first sound to the last one it is exciting, fresh, flies through million moods and colors, and you never want to end it. You feel you arrived home.
Hard to say anything after it, this is the realm of the senses.
If I ever met an alien, I would play this music to show him what human is.
Rikard, You are a good man.

#84 2011-01-10 12:59:08

Hugo F.
Website

Laci wrote:

Roland perhaps? Rikard, what is that story about anyway?

I recently listened to the complete International Prog Rock Show feature (still available for download) . Love the new songs.
Looking forward to the new Gungfly album as well as the new Beardfish.

#85 2011-01-10 13:30:44

StagInsanity

Laci wrote:

I'm 40. To this age the man goes through too many things, even if he lives solid life. And then, after a time you perceive that not wilfully, but you start to calm down. You can't run or swim as before. Your eyes, legs, bones are not the same. You start to feel that even music can't touch you so strongly, with the old fire as in the beginning, because you feel you've heard everything. And then, as a thunder, totally unexpectedly this album hits you.
I'm listening to it and find myself in tears.
It is so honest, so natural in this plastic world that deserves all our smiles and tears. I can't understand how is it possible that all of this was born in one brain...
This album is like a trailer to a movie. You know, when they take all the good parts out and just flash them. Here you have only good parts. You don't feel that you want to jump to the next song, from the first sound to the last one it is exciting, fresh, flies through million moods and colors, and you never want to end it. You feel you arrived home.
Hard to say anything after it, this is the realm of the senses.
Rikard, You are a good man.

Very well expressed smile

#86 2011-03-10 17:26:24

Laci

Dearest Rikard,

I hope the water has already calmed around You...

Just would like to ask You about this concert, or to be more precise DVD...

Is there any chance to release it?
Can't wait to hold in hand the new Beardfish album!

All the best,

Laci

#87 2011-03-10 20:32:52

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Great band! I'm assuming that Rasmus is related to Petter ... ?

Tomas and Sverker are new names to me though.

#88 2011-03-10 22:00:00

Hugo F.
Website

Rasmus was in Bongo Fury and he played some flute live with Beardfish.
Nice clip!

#89 2011-04-20 18:04:45

Rikard Sjöblom

Hi guys!

Working on the upcoming Gungfly release "Lamentations" and if everything goes according to schedule it'll probably be out in the end of may!! Yes, that's right! PROGRESS RECORDS will release it and I just felt I should tell you guys first of all. Cover art and stuff will probably be ready next week. BUT wait, that's not all.. The album will contain a bonus DVD with a concert from 2009!! (The one that some of you have been inquiring about from time to time...)

In light of this I also started a Facebook page for Gungfly at http://www.facebook.com/p....8091127385
feel free to join! I'll be adding a track from the new album there in a few days, so don't miss it!

Cheers - Rikard

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam