Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-22 07:01:29

Kazza3

Album interpretation

So, while we wait for the next album, I thought it'd be fun to discuss the concepts of The Sane Day and Sleeping in Traffic. You can both post what's been officially said in interview or conversation about the concept of the album/songs, but also post your own interpretations of the album concepts and how the songs fit in.

smile

#2 2010-08-22 12:16:05

StagInsanity

Re: Album interpretation

I've never really understood Sleeping in Traffic, the song, that is. Does he dream everything? Or did he wake up really before the Captain Flurry part? Don't want the dude to die..!

#3 2010-08-22 23:09:35

Kazza3

I was always pretty sure the whole thing was a dream, especially the Captain Flurry and death bit. But it would seem to leave the story (whatever it is) ending in the middle of nowhere.

#4 2010-08-23 13:25:03

StagInsanity

Yeah, it's probably all a dream. I just hesitated on the transition between the thoughts during and after his dream-death, if it had a more spiritual thinking or just random philosophizising. Now that I read through, I don't get my own logic that well though. He was "drink, only driving" and is now having some psycho dream that ends with him reflecting over his life and loss of his girl OR something.. why not include Destined Solitaire? big_smile It's interesting.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam