Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-10 13:27:57

Rikard Sjöblom

A question regarding

Hi again!

Just wanted to check something with you. If (or WHEN rather) Beardfish decides to record a live dvd/cd, which are the tracks you would like to hear/see on such a release???

Cheers - Rikard Sjöblom

#2 2008-10-10 14:43:01

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: A question regarding

Stuff from all albums, but I would really like these on a live release: Sleeping in Traffic,  Roulette, Från En Plats Du Ej Kan Se.

Of course you must also include the fun ones - Dancer and South of the Border wink

#3 2008-10-14 20:42:54

elTob
Website

Hey!

I think it could make sense to do a DVD on the Sleeping in Traffic motto, with both albums in their entirety, but I guess you should and want to rather do a best-of?

As I only know SiT: Part 2 and The Sane Day this might not be a representative and really varied selection, but I'll give it a try, nonetheless.

First and foremost, Sleeping in Traffic! You need to put this one on tape. As I wrote on youtube already.
Plus Into the Night, The Hunter, The Gooberville Ballroom Dancer, Mystique of the Beauty Queen, Ask someone who knows and the nice little Sun is the Devil.

Greetings
Tobias

#4 2008-10-15 13:09:19

Aly

Like Steve, I'd particularly love to hear/see Från En Plats Du Ej Kan Se, Roulette, and Sleeping in Traffic ... also A Psychic Amplifier, A Love Story and various other segments of The Sane Day such as Tall Tales-Basic Blues-The Summit. I'm already looking forward to this live CD/DVD!
Best,
Alice

#5 2008-10-15 13:30:46

Rikard Sjöblom

Thanks for the replies! Looks like "SIT" and "Dwight" are given wink Also nice to see tracks like "Sun is the devil" and "The Summit" on your lists! Duly noted...

Meanwhile I can let you all know that we're currently working on new stuff, there are a whole bunch of finished songs for the next album and I think we're gonna record this December!

Cheers - Rikard

#6 2008-10-16 21:58:08

elTob
Website

In December already? You guys must be very diligent.

Will the next record be a concept work again?

#7 2008-10-17 14:20:53

Alex

Tough to choose between so many great songs, but I'll try to shorten it down to as few as I can.

A Love Story, Sunrise, Spegeldans, Sleeping in Traffic, And Never Know and Roulette.

Would be nice if you could play something from each album.

Also good to see that you're already so far into the writing process!

#8 2008-10-31 09:56:26

Bertovo
Website

Welp here are my must haves on a DVD/CD

The Hunter, The Gooberville Ballroom Dancer, Sleeping in Traffic, and South of the Border

#9 2008-11-09 21:35:50

Hugo F.
Website

Is it possible you'll release that old 2 hour video on DVD as well?
A DVD would be very welcome.
Some older songs would be nice.Some clips of the Gyllene Orkestern could be fun.Basically a Pre-Beardfish band so that counts,right?
Whatever it is that will end up on the DVD is fine by me.

Looking forward to the DVD.Now here's hoping for a Ritual DVD as well (I "begged" Patrik for it wink)
Trettioariga Kriget's DVD will be released next year as well.
Some great things in the Swedish Progcamp next year.

Cheers,
Hugo

#10 2008-12-25 00:59:46

Guy

I'm lame...can never remember the song titles, I just listen to the albums over and over while driving to work.  But let's see...

My favorite tune is Return to Mudhill, so I'd love to hear/see that one.  Roulette, A Psychic Amplifier, Ask Someone Who Knows, Into The Night and The Hunter would also be cool.

#11 2008-12-25 09:08:13

Bertovo
Website

And Never Knew would whip ass too

#12 2008-12-25 18:04:31

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Guy wrote:

I'm lame...can never remember the song titles, I just listen to the albums over and over while driving to work.

Car is where I do most of my listening too and I also don't tend to know the song names either! I think its a great place to familiarise one's-self with new CDs though. Of course I like to have a "proper" listen too, and read the CD booklet, but that can be months after I obtain a CD.

#13 2008-12-25 18:52:00

Guy

SteveA wrote:

Of course I like to have a "proper" listen too, and read the CD booklet, but that can be months after I obtain a CD.

That's pretty much how it works for me as well.  That's probably part of the reason why I don't put too much emphasis on lyrics.  If I can understand what a singer is singing I have to rely on the booklet...and that's hard to read while driving.   :-)

#14 2008-12-27 02:23:00

Fredrik

I really would like to see the whole of Sleeping in Traffic, the whole suite.
The stuff from The Sane Day has already been filmed and could be a separate release later on.

#15 2009-01-07 11:49:55

Rikard Sjöblom

Thanks for all your suggestions! We'll just have to find a good moment in time and space to make it!

/Rikard

By the way, Fredrik, are you talking about both albums in it's entity? Hmm...

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam