Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-13 09:07:47

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Guy Manning leaves The Tangent

Seems a shame - I bet there'll be a future "reunion"!

Guy Manning & The Tangent

After much discussion and soul searching, it has been mutually decided that Guy will no longer be partaking in future Tangent activities. Both Guy & Andy (Tillison) would like it to be known that this decision has been reached amicably.

The reasons are simply the fact that Guy's band MANNING and THE TANGENT are both working hard on projects (both on stage and in the studio) and over the past two years, progress for both bands has been halted as a result of intense activity by one or the other.

This leaves Guy free to focus entirely on his own music, and for the Tangent's new four piece lineup augmented where possible by Theo Travis, to arrange gigs and recording sessions equally independently.

Both Guy and Andy are sure that this will not be the end of musical collaborations between them. They are parting company in just ONE respect, i.e The Tangent.

Both MANNING and the TANGENT have recently had successful and very well received performances at major festivals and the future looks good for both parties.

On a personal note, Guy and Andy would like to add that their work together in the Tangent has been very rewarding and also a lot of fun. They both feel very proud of what the band has produced/achieved.

Best wishes from both.

#2 2010-05-15 23:03:17

ich_bin_besser

Re: Guy Manning leaves The Tangent

Wow, lots of changes in the Tangent lineup during the last years!
But Andy was always capable of coming up with some convincing musicians, so I have no doubt that this trend will continue.
Best of luck to Guy and Andy!! big_smile

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam