Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Beardfish
  •  » Fran en plats du ej kan se reference in gungfly song? RSS Feed

#1 2010-01-19 03:22:04

meismyownworstenemy

Fran en plats du ej kan se reference in gungfly song?

Hey all-

Just wondering if anybody else caught a 'Fran en plats du ej kan se' reference in the new Gungfly album, I know I did!  or it might just be a coincidence, I guess Rikard is the only one who really knows haha..

I have found a lot of reoccurring themes in Rikard's work.  It makes me feel pretty cool as a fan when i pick something out that might not make sense to most others

#2 2010-01-21 13:25:43

Rikard Sjöblom

Re: Fran en plats du ej kan se reference in gungfly song?

Hi!
Well, if you caught a reference to "Från en plats..." I have to admit that it was not intentional, sorry. But I do tend to put some musical hints in here and there, which can be references to other songs and so on. It's something I've always enjoyed myself when I can recognize a melody or a pattern from an artist's earlier work. I love that about Zappa's catalogue and I believe he called it "conceptual continuity". So, naturally there are tons of that stuff in the Beardfish records. I didn't think I had much of that stuff on the Gungfly album... what song were you thinking about? I'm curious!

#3 2010-01-25 18:30:43

meismyownworstenemy

Re: Fran en plats du ej kan se reference in gungfly song?

Well when I was first listening to "Please Be Quiet" there were definitely many moments which gave me a Beardfish vibe, but in a different and unique way.  The reference I was talking about from "Fran En Plats.." was when you sang about "the place you cannot see"; which is the English translation of the album title, about a minute or so from when the song ends.

• Index
  •  » Beardfish
  •  » Fran en plats du ej kan se reference in gungfly song? RSS Feed

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam