Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-30 20:08:10

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Lazuli split and cancel tour

Dear friends,
Sorry it's not easy for me to explain it in English! I try:  After sharing so many beautiful things ... the group is "shared."
Despite the necessity and predictability of this break, I will confess that we are totally helpless in front of our own making.
I thought this story with these 6 men, was unchanging and unending. It was not naive to think it, some things are indestructible! I still it believe, despite the regular disappointment of life. There are things indestructible but apparently not this Lazuli with these 6 men.
The paradox is the release of a new DVD these days, recorded in Amsterdam in 2008. This recording seal definitively this piece of life. No nostalgia, just trying to keep a beautiful memory. 12 years with incredible things, thanks to you.

But there is no question of putting an end to this happiness and to this fortune that we can of share our music and our words. It's time and viscerally vital, to think to the future. Fred, Sylvain and Yohan seems to hit the road together for a new project ...
Ged, Claude and me, we continue the Lazuli's adventure ... More than ever, we begin the work for to be back very soon.

At the same time, there are much more serious things on earth. This banal tear, we has plunged into the abyss but must be taken for what it is now: a rebirth.
We already receive messages, showing us your "faith" in us, it does us good.
Here come our "réponse incongrue à l'inéluctable": LAZULI back on the road anyway.
Hope see you soon... Kindest regards Domi, Ged and Claude... ....

#2 2009-11-30 22:58:30

Hugo F.
Website

Re: Lazuli split and cancel tour

Damn, I just read the news over at DPRP:

LAZULI: have split up! A few days ago news broke that the band had cancelled all remaining shows for their present tour, due to Mexican flu. However, later this was rectified with the news that due to differences Sylvain Bayol, Frederic Juan and Yohan Simeon have left the band in order to form a new project. Dominique Leonetti (vocals, guitar), Claude Leonetti (Léode) and Gederic Byar (guitar) will continue as Lazuli with new band-members. A new tour is expected to be scheduled for early next year.

A live DVD, filmed at Amsterdam Paradiso in 2008, is still planned for release.

The band's website has also been taken offline temporarily.

One of the best bands in recent years. I have some of the Paradiso stuff on CD.
Still have to buy the recent album. Seems like the right time now.

Last edited by Hugo F. (2009-11-30 22:58:57)

#3 2009-12-08 12:49:45

Hugo F.
Website

Re: Lazuli split and cancel tour

Oh, at least I have seen them play LIVE wink They were great @ the first Symforce. Sound was excellent!
The Paradiso gig was filmed and streamed online fo a while. Very nice. Looking forward to the DVD.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam