Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-19 13:21:24

Hugo F.
Website

Destined Solitaire review @ DPRP

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200950.php#beardfish

Excerpt:

This latest offering from Beardfish certainly begins and ends on a high and in between it has some strong moments although for me these do not fully justify the albums near 80 minute duration which feels like a long haul at times. Despite the presence of several memorable hooks I found myself hankering for a really memorable melody to get my teeth into. They also seem to adopt an ‘everything including the kitchen sink’ approach whereby if there’s room then stick it in regardless. That being said they are undoubtedly one of the most distinctive and original bands around at present even if they are occasionally a little too clever for their own good. As such they often remind me of ELP, a band that was consistently (and undeservedly) being accused of pretentious leanings. So despite my misgivings I’m going to award a respectable rating and whilst they are by no means a one trick pony this is especially recommended to lovers of (analogue) keyboard driven prog.

Conclusion: 7.5 out of 10

Only a 7.5 ? Probably because the album doesn't sound like Marillion.. wink

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam