Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-10 16:29:58

StagInsanity

Beardfish recording equipment?

I'm in the middle of buying and testing recording equipment here at home. For drums I've decided that I need 3 or maybe 4 microphones for my drum set. (Snare, bass, 1 or 2 overheads) and I'm also on the outlook for a good mixer to record both the drums and 1 or 2 other instruments at the same time, all with XLR-inputs, preferrably. What do I know? big_smile

What I would love to know, as I find it so cool that you recorded SIT: Part 2 in a scout cabin in the woods, is what recording equipment did you get to use? What drum mics (bass, snare, overheads, toms (?) ), guitar mics, bass guitar mic, etc did you use? What mixer was it? I'm very curious about the mixer. Is the only way to get all the individual tracks you recorded at the same time imported into the computer (such as Samplitude, was it not?) by using a USB/Firewire mixer? Did you use XLR inputs for ALL the microphones?

I'm aware that you borrowed the equipment in the cabin, but if you remember or know what cables, mixer, microphones you used, I'd be dead interested to know!

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam