Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-23 07:54:57

meismyownworstenemy

New Gungfly song "White Light"

Hey Guys-

I just checked out Gungly's new song "White Light" on their website, shit is totally ridiculous and everyone should go check it out right now.  Great work Rikard, can't wait for the new Gungfly ablum, and glad to hear recording is going well with the Beardfish album!

#2 2010-02-23 18:24:56

Rikard Sjöblom

Re: New Gungfly song "White Light"

Thanks a bunch man! I'm glad you like it smile

#3 2010-02-25 20:39:07

meismyownworstenemy

Hey Rikard-

Are you by any chance a foo fighters or dave grohl fan? Only reason i ask is because i hear a lot of influence in this new track

#4 2010-02-25 21:49:31

Rikard Sjöblom

I think I know what you mean - it's that "da-da---da-da-da---da-da-da---da-da-da" riff isn't it wink
Foo Fighters made that riff their trademark with "All my life"... But yeah, sure - I like Foo Fighters!

#5 2010-02-27 21:17:51

meismyownworstenemy

haha yea thats definately the part where i was like..wait this sounds familiar.  Im not neccasarily a foo fan but i guess when your fusing so many genres you come across a lot of different sounds, all in all its a real cool progressive track

#6 2010-03-05 12:39:41

Rikard Sjöblom

working on the new album!
..Hi all,
I'm currently working hard on the next Gungfly release alongside a new Beardfish album and both are coming along nicely! Since we're scheduled to begin recording the next Beardfish album in april I thought I'd try to get as much Gungfly stuff as I possibly can done prior to that. At the moment it looks like the next Gungfly album will be an eight track disc (possibly a vinyl if there's an interest in it...) and five of the songs have already been recorded and mixed so there are three to go! I started recording this stuff in september 09 on my own up in our rehearsal studio where I recorded the drums, the bass, the guitars and the keyboards by myself and then I just recently started to record the vocals at home. It turns out that this album will probably be recorded in the same fashion as the previous one; some songs I'm all by myself and then there are a few where I will invite some friends to play with me. This time I actually have the benefit to be able to use the actual Gungfly members from the live band. So the three remaining songs will be recorded with Petter and Rasmus Diamant on drums and bass and we will record them asap!

The reason that it has taken quite some time to record the vocals mostly has to do with the fact that I wasn't satisfied with the lyrics I had originally written to some of the songs. I generally want my lyrics to deal with something, whether it be emotions or politics or philosophies on "2001: a space odyssey" I don't care as long as it has some meaning...

More later!
Cheers - Rikard

#7 2010-03-06 02:44:16

Joe

wait for it....
dun dun dun DUUNDA

But in all seriousness, that is really great news. I can't wait to hear it. Is there a estimate on the release yet?

#8 2010-03-06 03:11:15

Rikard Sjöblom

nice one smile I love that piece!!! I think both the Beardfish and the Gungfly album(s) will be released in the fall of 2010.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam