Herzberg review?

So guys, how was the festival??

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#2 2009-07-19 15:10:37

Rikard Sjöblom

Re: Herzberg review?

Well it was great, basically big_smile

We got there on the same day as the show, none of us had really slept anything during the night because we had to leave Gävle around 2 am for Skavsta airport. This resulted in us being quite tired when we reached the hotel in Ansfeldt around 12 pm. We slept for four hours and by then our manager Rock had arrived and so we travelled over to the festival site. Man, that's a lot of people we thought when we got on to the grounds. They told us that they'd sold 12000 tickets!

The crew had a Nord Electro 3 and a Hammond xk3 for me to borrow so I was glad about that (we travelled Ryanair style and it was costly enough to bring along guitars...) and they also had good drums and amps. We soundchecked for about 20 minutes and lo and behold, after that the announcer just flies onto the stage and presents us - 30 minutes early!!

We started playing, worked our way through: Roulette, Dwight, Into the night, Destined Solitaire, Abigails questions, The Pyramid, Akakabuto (an unreleased instrumental) and The stuff that dreams are made of... good fun! And whaddayaknow; wild applause! Encore!! Sure big_smile So we played A Love Story for an encore and that was it! One hour and forty minutes of Beardfish fun!

The day after we just hung around and looked at bands, shopped some stuff, talked a lot to fans and some people from the Zappanale etc. Even met some Swedish dudes.

We were scheduled to be picked up at the hotel at five in the morning to leave for Frankfurt Hahn which is basically a three hour drive. We stood there and no one came... we panicked... Luckily, a German biker drunk comes walking (not straight though) by and starts talking to us, in german... We asked him (in english) if he had the number for a cab company. He did, but he insisted on calling. And yes, he fixed us a cab, it would cost 250 Euros, what choice did we have? He wanted to hang around and party but he said he had to go home now... We said "THAT'S FINE, REAAAAALLY..." and he left. The cabs came and took us to the taxi company where we switched to a bigger van and then we left for Hahn. Got on the plane, took off... lots of turbulence, man i hate flying... Landed in Sweden again at about 11 pm.

So that's it folks! We had a great time at the festival, apart from the "ride-to-the-airport" incident they took very good care of us and I think we drank most of their beer also big_smile

Cheers - Rikard

#3 2009-07-20 16:02:31

EbbandFlow
Website

Re: Herzberg review?

Glad to hear it went well.  I just purchased an Electro 3 myself and I'm in love with it.  Really looking forward to your new album but still trying to digest all of the previous ones.  Apart from tunes I need to rehearse for my own bands, Beardfish is just about *all* I've been listening to for the past several weeks.  "You'll love it - it's a way of life!"

Cheers back at ya...

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam