#1 2018-04-21 11:00:46

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Reingold-Stolt-Gildenlöw-Brislin-Minnemann - The Sea Within

Jonas Reingold wrote:

THE SEA WITHIN Pre Order Now

Hello Everybody!!!

Life is moving towards summer here in Europe and after a really harsh winter it is more than welcome to see a few sunbeams caress the beaten up winter landscape. Yours truly has been busy touring the world with Steve Hackett. I simply skipped the winter and got a fantastic experience instead. Thanks to all of you who showed up at the shows.

The Sea Within CD is ready for pre-order and we´re very happy to present this to the prog community. Great talent combined with hopefully good songs. CD version or Vinyl, your choice.

To be released 2018-06-22

I also have the new The Flower Kings Boxset "A kingdom of colours 2" 2004-2013 9 Cd´s.

To be released 2018-06-01

We still selling a lot of the new Tangekanic album. Me and Andy Tillison joined forces last year and we did a combined Karmakanic and The Tangent tour 2017, this is the result.

I will do a few more shows with Hackett this summer and a tour in the UK in October. We´re playing together with a 40 piece orchestra and I´m looking forward to that.

Have a nice spring and see you all on the road!!!!

Jonas

THE SEA WITHIN

This band is more of an amalgamation of some serious talents, than a regular “supergroup”. Guitarist/vocalist Roine Stolt, bassist Jonas Reingold, keyboard player/vocalist Tom Brislin, drummer/vocalist Marco Minnemann and vocalist/guitarist Daniel Gildenlöw have a vast reservoir of experience, considering who they've worked with: The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, Jon Anderson, Steven Wilson, The Aristocrats, Joe Satriani, Yes, Steve Hackett, Renaissance, Pain Of Salvation, Deborah Harry, Meatloaf and Karmakanic - that of itself tells you this is something very special. Also added later to the bands line-up for live shows was vocalist and guitarist Casey McPherson of ‘Flying Colors’ and ‘Alpha Rev’, who also sings a couple of songs on the album. Initially the band went to Livingston Studios in London in September 2017 to begin the process of assembling the material and recording it for the album. Not all of the record, though, was finished at Livingston, Stolt says. “Some extra touches were added later, when all of us were doing things in our home studios, such as guitars, vocals, synth and keyboards, textures. On the vocal side, a few of us have been involved: Daniel, me, Tom and Marco; and later Casey. The band also has some very special guests featured on the album. “Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater plays the piano on one song. The legendary Jon Anderson sings on another track, while 'wind ace' Rob Townsend, who plays saxophone and flute with Steve Hackett, is also on the record. Each of them brings a different flavour to the music.” Stolt continues: “People have asked me how I would describe what we have done, and it is almost impossible. Our tastes are very eclectic – from prog to jazz to classical, to heavy rock, folk, punk, electronica and pop. We all come from different backgrounds - so everything goes. I feel you will hear all that's good about pop – with great melodies and hooks – plus the rawness of metal, improvisations, symphonic and movie soundtrack    

https://www.progforums.com/ForumImages/SeaWithin.jpg

THE SEA WITHIN 2CD - Pre-Order Now, release date 22nd of June €19.95
THE SEA WITHIN VINYL 2CD - Pre-Order Now, Release 22nd June €27.95
TangeKanic HOTEL CANTAFFORDIT CD - Order Now, €15.95
THE FLOWER KINGS "A Kingdom of colours 2" - Pre-Order Now, Release date 1st June €44.95

Prices excl. VAT

Disc 1
01. Ashes of Dawn (05:59)
02. They Know My Name (05:09)
03. The Void (04:53)
04. An Eye for an Eye for an Eye (07:01)
05. Goodbye (05:31)
06. Sea Without (02:23)
07. Broken Cord (14:10)
08. The Hiding of Truth (05:35)
Disc 2
01. The Roaring Silence (08:04)
02. Where Are You Going? (05:54)
03. Time (07:18)
04. Denise (05:16)

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam