Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-03 22:54:52

Kris

Kris / Bassplayer in BB

Hi, I´m Kris from Brighteye Brison. Sorry it took so long for me to subscribe to this Forum. Anyway, please feel free to ask me about anything about BB or music in general. Thanks Steve for putting this forum together. Great!!!

/Kris

#2 2009-03-03 23:45:54

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: Kris / Bassplayer in BB

Hey Kris - welcome aboard!

I understand you're a founding member of BB. I must say, I really enjoy your playing. The fretless in My Spirit Will Speak is just sublime. And of course, the Taurus - the essential Prog ingredient wink

#3 2009-03-04 10:33:51

Kris

Thank´s Steve. I actually had the fretless bass as my main bassguitar when i started with BB but the fretted bass has much more edge when it comes to heavier songs. Maby i will try to use the fretless more on the next album.

Yes, I was one of the founding members. Linus, Daniel & I started as a trio for a few month I think. Linus had allready composed a whole epos, "One year alone" & it all starded from there.

/Kris

#4 2009-03-11 23:06:26

aith01

Hello Kris. It's good to meet you as well (even if it is only through cyberspace). wink

I really enjoy your bass work on Stories and Believers & Deceivers. I was listening to B&D just today actually, on my way home from work.

So you use the fretted bass mostly? I didn't realize there is sound difference between fretted and fretless bass guitars, but that does make sense. I've not heard My Spirit Will Speak, but I just got hold of a copy of BB's first album today, so I'll soon be listening to the whole thing. I can't believe I found a copy so long after it came out. I thought I'd never find one.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam