Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-08 12:55:39

Rikard Sjöblom

Beardfish will play NEARFEST'09!!!

So we've been invited to play NearFest 2009 and we're really looking forward to it! I'm just gonna copy/paste what Ray Loboda wrote on Progressiveears.com:

"NEARfest '09 is very excited to bring to the NEARfest stage, Beardfish. Hailing from Sweden, Beardfish are a prime example of an archetype of an exceptionally expressive prog rock act. Building on the strength and power of previous releases such as The Sane Day and Sleeping in Traffic: Part One, their current album, Sleeping In Traffic: Part Two, features quotes from almost all eras of music history, blending them into an unmistakable sound. Beardfish's music has depth and substance without overtaxing its listeners with overly intricate structures. A distinct sense of Zappa-esque humor pervades Beardfish's music and lyrics.
Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater said about Beardfish: "Sweden's Beardfish are my favorite "new" band with an "old" sound. Utilizing all of the classic styles and sounds of the original progessive rock bands of the 70's (mellotron, hammond organ, leslies, clean guitars, dry organic drums, etc.), these guys are making music for the folks who truly miss the classic bands that started this whole genre." Prepare yourselves to welcome Beardfish to the NEARfest '09 stage.

-------------
Ray Loboda, Festival Co-Director, NEARfest '09

www.nearfest.com
www.njproghouse.com
www.myspace.com/raynjproghouse

So, see you there, right?

Cheers - Rikard Sjöblom

#2 2008-11-10 09:46:41

Hugo F.
Website

Re: Beardfish will play NEARFEST'09!!!

I hope they will record it for a CD or DVD wink

#3 2008-12-25 01:01:29

Guy

I will be doing everything I can to make it to this.  I'm psyched...

#4 2009-02-22 11:10:54

David Zackrisson

The schedule is now up on the Nearfest homepage. Take a look, a lot of great bands!!
http://www.nearfest.com/event/schedule.asp

#5 2009-03-14 21:30:33

Hugo F.
Website

Would love to see Kriget live. Also PFM is a dream. Last year there was talk PFM would come to the Netherlands to play live. Now WHY didn't that happen?!

#6 2009-04-04 01:19:05

ich_bin_besser

Hey Hugo, did you notice this festival in Germany: http://www.prockfest.com/lineup.htm ??
Kriget and Beardfish. smile

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#7 2009-04-04 17:06:09

Hugo F.
Website

ich_bin_besser wrote:

Hey Hugo, did you notice this festival in Germany: http://www.prockfest.com/lineup.htm ??
Kriget and Beardfish. smile

Aber natuhrlich! But the thing is, apart from transport, we're expecting our third child around that time. Which is priority No.1 at the moment. So there's no way for me to attend.

#8 2009-04-04 17:44:56

Johan

Yes!!!!!!!
I´m the happy owner of three tickets to NEARFEST´09!!!!! big_smile

Looking forward to see you there guys.

Greatings from your fans in Uppsala

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam