Ad settings

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Klotet
  •  » New album - Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala RSS Feed

#1 2013-07-07 09:42:21

alanterrill

New album - Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala

Klotet released a new album back in March which I've only just found out about. It was only released as a cassette in an edition of 100 which has already sold out. Now available as a download from Bandcamp. Its an excellent album -not very different from the other two, but equally as enjoyable. The odd thing is they don't seem to be pushing it much -no mention on this page, no mention on their myspace page and no notifications on the Progressiveears forum. I only found it by translating their all Swedish facebook page.

#2 2013-07-07 21:26:49

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: New album - Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala

Hi Alan

They don't post much here now. Mayby KlotetPåhl would like to explain...

#3 2013-10-09 13:41:51

klotetpåhl

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in... 49 years?

Let me give you asmall update on what's up with Klotet these days. The truth is, not much! By the time we had finished our latest album (Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala) we decided to take a break and focus on other things. Both Mikal and Sofia play in the totally awesome (and probably familiar, if you're into Klotet) band Gravmaskin. Check them out! David has been working a bit on a yet unnamed thrash metal project, and I myself have been playing and recording a lot with Death/Crusters Usurpress. So, we're all good friends and have not decided what the future will bring – but for now, Klotet is soundly asleep.

Regarding the release of "Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala", we really wanted to do something different this time. They way our sales over at Musea was going, we saw no real point in releasing this as another tired old cd. When we were approached by cassette label Ljudkassett to do a limited edition cassette + digital release, we said yes right away. So even though it might seem as if we're not trying to promote this, the truth is that our earlier, physical, releases wasn't promoted either! We have always been more of a grass root/underground/f*ck-it-all-band anyway, so this made sense to us.

Thank you so much for your support and for keeping the faith! We'll stay in touch!

regards
Påhl / Klotet

#4 2013-10-09 21:29:27

alanterrill

Thanks for the update -I've just been listening to Gravmaskin and I like it!  Its good to hear keyboards out the front, they're so often used as background sounds these days.
Glad you're all still active and enjoying music making despite your lack of sales.

Best wishes,

Alan

#5 2013-10-10 09:26:52

SteveA
Administrator
Website

• Index
  •  » Klotet
  •  » New album - Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Uppsala RSS Feed

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam