Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-10 17:47:12

Wycombe Arts

FOCUS at the ARTS4EVERY1 CENTRE, HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, JAN 26

Hi,

Sorry for not posting for a while. Annoyingly i'm still registered here under my old name and my old venue: I hope this can be amended, and if anyone knows how to do it, please contact me....

In the meantime, here are details of our next show, which is a bit of a prog spectacular. Not everything I do is prog, although it remains my favourite genre (alongside psychedelic rock and jazz, which are both inextricably linked to it anyway)

Those of you who've been following the progress of the Arts4every1 Centre over the last year have seen our steady, slow but continued growth as a professional venue on the gigging circuit. Although it wasn't planned quite as deliberately, it's grown a little each time, from booking a touring act who wanted to headline one of our blues jams (Ian Segal) to a known band on the pub-rock circuit (Ducks Deluxe) to an influential legend of the blues and psychedelic rock scenes still prepared to graft at club level (the Groundhogs) to a hugely respected guitarist enjoying a late-career rediscovery and renaissance among the chattering classes, even if not selling immense amounts of records (Michael Chapman)

Each gig we've booked, ignoring the cancellation of Rolan Bolan, has been another vital step along the way. But they were still in the smaller of the two halls, and still very much a test of the water. Well, now the big time has arrived- because on SATURDAY 26TH JANUARY, which is my own birthday, the one and only FOCUS- yes, they of 'Hocus Pocus' and 'Sylvia' fame- will be the first major touring act to headline the 400-capacity hall next door.

Legendary bands like this don't come cheap, and at their age and stature, require nice things like hotels and hot meals- so naturally, the ticket price has to be reflected in the costs. That's why this show is £17.00 advance, whereas the others were only a tenner. But I think you'll all agree that they're bloody well worth it.

I've promoted them twice before and seen them play another 12 times on top of that, and never ever have they failed to give more than 150 percent. Original members Thijs Van Leer and Pierre Van Der Linden are very much the stars of the show, but, all four members, including bassist Bobby Jacobs (Thijs' nephew) and guitarist Menno Gootjes, are vital to this prog-rocking, stage-barnstorming family. Trust us, once you've been Focused, you won't forget it in a hurry!!

So, get on down on the 26th, and witness something spectacular that Wycombe has long needed. You never know, we might even get at least one tune played on our very own (decomissioned) church organ....

See you there.

ARTS4EVERY1, DESBOROUGH RD, HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, UK- 01494 445517. www.arts4every1.com
Tickets £17.00 advance from wegottickets, ticketweb, stargreen, skiddle, Counter Culture and Ruby Moon, as well as the venue itself.

#2 2013-01-10 20:19:19

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: FOCUS at the ARTS4EVERY1 CENTRE, HIGH WYCOMBE, BUCKS, JAN 26

NagsHeadWycombe wrote:

Sorry for not posting for a while. Annoyingly i'm still registered here under my old name and my old venue: I hope this can be amended, and if anyone knows how to do it, please contact me....

Should be possible, please check your email.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam