Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-08 23:12:47

Wycombe Arts

Hi from The Nags Head Blues Loft- a legendary rock venue resurrected..

Hi, my name's Darius Drewe and I'm a lover of all things prog, Kraut, psychedelic, acid folk, spacey and or/stoner-based. Plus a fair bit of progressive metal, although there are a few too many of those bands around these days. In short, I spend about 40 percent of my life listening to this stuff, and have done since I was 11, when a social worker at school played me a Floyd album. Mind you, I was already into the Beatles, Moody Blues, ELO and Kate Bush before that, as well as Miles Davis and Weather Report, thanks to my Dad. And of course, we all love THE WAR OF THE WOLRDS back then...the rite of passage for many a nascent pre-teen progster. Tell me who didn't!!

I'm London born and bred, but now live in Aylesbury- home of the great Mariddlywiddly themselves- and work in High Wycombe, at the legendary and recently resurrected Nags Head Blues Loft, 63 London Road. This, of course, is the venue where prog greats such as Tull, VDGG, Edgar Broughton, Audience, Man, Babe Ruth and someone told me even Faust once played, and my remit is to bring those days back. With the help of people reading this who care about great music, I can only hope we will...

Of course, my definition of prog is a liberal one, but here are some forthcoming shows I think will interest you...

Sat July 21st LEAF HOUND plus DESERT STORM, SEDULUS and BLACK JUJU- more stoner than prog, but still relevant

Sat Sept 29 THE GROUNDHOGS

Sat Oct 6 STAN WEBB AND CHICKEN SHACK

Sat Nov 3 CURVED AIR

Fri Nov 23 THE CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN

I did hope to have the legendary PAVLOV'S DOG, but it looks as if I'll have to wait til next year for that one. However, one that may yet happen (it will be confirmed when the agent returns from her holidays!) is TIN SPIRITS, and possibly (stage size permitting) RIVERSIDE in the new year.Oh, and there'll definitely be a MAN show.

So, chaps and chappesses, watch this space for further details....

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam