Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-30 10:44:43

Kazza3

New song- 'Voluntary Slavery'

If you haven't seen this, it's a new song the guys played at the Crescendo Festival, called 'Voluntary Slavery', seemingly exploring their metal side a bit further. smile

#2 2011-09-30 12:09:04

Hugo F.
Website

Re: New song- 'Voluntary Slavery'

I hate to say it, but I don't particularly like it. Hope it's because of the crappy video.

#3 2011-10-05 11:14:14

Rikard Sjöblom

This is one of those songs that just felt absolutely amazing to play live in front of an audience straight off the bat! It got quite an excellent reception from the people at Crescendo (as you can hear) and it's gonna be interesting to record it. Too bad about the sound quality of this video coz many of the details get lost in translation.. All in all I have a good feeling about the new material and I think our next album is gonna be pretty special

#4 2011-10-05 21:51:58

Hugo F.
Website

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

Too bad about the sound quality of this video coz many of the details get lost in translation.. All in all I have a good feeling about the new material and I think our next album is gonna be pretty special

No doubt about that ! And yes, those crappy videos don't do your music any good.

#5 2011-10-10 19:06:55

Emi

I don´t specially like these type of beardfish songs sad
Maybe Destined solitaire is the only one I can enjoy.
I´m more on the proggy and/or eclectic way, that is what they re-defined.

Lately it seems that Opeth wants to be like Beardfish and viceversa big_smile Ok, it´s only a joke!

#6 2011-10-10 23:58:32

Rikard Sjöblom

And we like to do all kinds of different music smile Right now we're in a ROCK-OUT kind of mood. I've read a lot of these "Heritage sounds like Beardfish" comments, and I understand what people mean, but I still don't agree because Opeth still has their own melodic structures and we have ours, so even if they backed on the distortion and we increased it (we didn't really though, maybe just a little!) it's still the melodies and chord progressions that make it what it is. I still think that "Lark's tounges in aspic Part 2" by KC is the heaviest track EVER, and that one has more agressiveness than any "metal" song I've ever heard. We're still mixing stuff though, so there's both heavy songs and eclectic songs planned for the next album! I think it's gonna be awesome smile

#7 2011-10-11 18:13:35

lostmumin

Great! Looking forward to hearing some new stuff by the greatest prog band alive !
Just do whatever is on your freakin minds
I will listen
Hope there will be a few more live dates in the future!

#8 2011-10-11 19:34:33

lostmumin

And what about this"relics"  thing cd?,looking forward to that one,too!

#9 2011-10-12 01:53:48

Rikard Sjöblom

>lostmumin: it's finished, just a matter of paying for the print of it tongue
I think we're gonna do a fairly limited edition of it, like 500 copies or so..

#10 2011-10-12 22:02:13

Hugo F.
Website

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

>lostmumin: it's finished, just a matter of paying for the print of it tongue
I think we're gonna do a fairly limited edition of it, like 500 copies or so..

One for me please!

#11 2011-10-12 22:29:31

Miner

Another one for me please!!!

#12 2011-10-13 12:03:39

Hugo F.
Website

Only 498 left! wink

#13 2011-10-14 22:03:48

Emi

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

And we like to do all kinds of different music smile Right now we're in a ROCK-OUT kind of mood. I've read a lot of these "Heritage sounds like Beardfish" comments, and I understand what people mean, but I still don't agree because Opeth still has their own melodic structures and we have ours, so even if they backed on the distortion and we increased it (we didn't really though, maybe just a little!) it's still the melodies and chord progressions that make it what it is. I still think that "Lark's tounges in aspic Part 2" by KC is the heaviest track EVER, and that one has more agressiveness than any "metal" song I've ever heard. We're still mixing stuff though, so there's both heavy songs and eclectic songs planned for the next album! I think it's gonna be awesome smile

Yes Rikard, it´s great that you are with the rocking mode on, you have to do everything you feel inside. You have gained the heaven in my musical world, I´ll buy everything you make, even if you change to Reaggeton or something... You are one of my all time favorite composers.

Of course it was a joke, didn´t know that this was a recurrent topic lately. Sorry about that. Only was thinking on the distortion down / up. Obviously neither song of Heritage sounds similar to any Beardfish songs, you are quite different. Yes, it´s hard to find out something heaviest than Lark´s Part 2, or more pacefully than the "real" start of Exiles... I feel chills down my spine with both of them wink

#14 2011-10-14 22:05:30

Emi

Hey, I want a copy too! tongue

#15 2011-10-17 08:23:38

Laci

Such a shame that no one sees fantasy in Beardfish to stand beside and financially support them.
Sweden is incredible,  just 5 millions there but how talented they are in most of things...

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam