Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-16 19:26:16

Rikard Sjöblom

Beardfish - The Early Years

Hi guys!

The end of March is approaching fast and so is the release of our new album! We're very excited, indeed. We haven't even seen the finished album(s, if you count the vinyl, and you damn well better!!) yet so we're probably as excited as anyone. Holding the finished album in your hand is always the evidence that you've in fact done something with your life, haha!

On another note, as you may know we're celebrating ten years with Beardfish this year (Oh, our baby's grown up so fast!) and we want to celebrate this in a couple of ways. One thing we're trying to do right now is to arrange a tour in the late summer/fall, probably around Europe. We'd love to get something arranged for the States as well, but it's never as easy as it sounds. Another thing I've been working on is ANOTHER RELEASE!! Yes, a collection of unreleased songs, outtakes and demos. There are a whole lot of stuff that never made it onto an album and most of it is pretty early stuff at that! We had a recording session in 2002 prior to Robert joining the band, with Stefan Aronsson just recording and playing some flute (and mixing the thing of course) and another guy named Gabriel Olsson playing bass. We recorded some songs and basically none of these made it onto "Från en Plats..." for various reasons, but mainly because we'd written new material and didn't want to re-record older stuff (a common problem with our very productive quartet!). I've selected the most interesting songs from there and re-mastered them and I must say that I think it sounds really cool. We were a different band back then with different ideas, but their kind of interesting ideas nonetheless smile Also, there is a session that took place in our rehearsal room in either late 2003 or very, VERY early 2004, I'm not sure. These are more or less of a demo quality but I've tried to enhance the sound quality as much as I possibly can and there are some cool songs among those recordings that never reached "The Sane Day". Also there are a couple of cool versions of songs that don't sound like they do in their final version, including "The Pyramid" and "Now" for instance. We've also agreed that we would include our little (!) X-mas special in this collection. It will probably become a jam packed CD that we will print ourselves and basically sell really cheap over the web (in our non-existing webshop that we hope to get running soon!) and at our shows!

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in??

Best to you all - Rikard "MASTER OF THE BEARDFISH VAULT OF OLD RECORDINGS AND SUCH" Sjöblom

#2 2011-03-16 20:20:22

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: Beardfish - The Early Years

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in??

Is the Pope Catholic?

(No, really!?)

#3 2011-03-16 20:28:04

Hugo F.
Website

This sounds like a great idea.
I think the idea is great.
What a great idea this is!
You have some great ideas mr. Sjoblom!

Did I say this is a great idea? I did, didn't i?

Great!
And another tour, yay!

#4 2011-03-16 22:28:35

ProgSphere
CEO at Prog Sphere
Website

Rikard, would you be interested to give us (Prog Sphere) a track that we will exclusively publish through website a week prior releasing that material? Like sort of an introduction / preview to the actual release. What are you saying?

#5 2011-03-16 22:31:54

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

Rikard, I happen to know that The Tangent also wants to tour in the U.S. Perhaps you guys could arrange something together? Meh, I just wish there were as big a market for prog here as there is in Europe - or at least a more concentrated prog market with better public transportation like Europe has. WHY DOES THE ATLANTIC HAVE TO BE SO BIG?!

That said, the "vault" record sounds like an amazing idea.

#6 2011-03-17 02:21:55

SteveA
Administrator
Website

TheDogman wrote:

Rikard, I happen to know that The Tangent also wants to tour in the U.S. Perhaps you guys could arrange something together?

Deja vu wink

http://v8.spa-networks.co.uk/s_images/sa2008pics/Spirit66May08/original/IMG_3550.jpg

#7 2011-03-17 13:49:04

Laci

I think we all are quite interested in such things!smile
Thanks Rikard for sharing Your thoughts with us!

Would You tell me something about the Gungfly DVD that I asked in that topic?
Sorry:)

#8 2011-03-17 14:43:51

ich_bin_besser

Rikard, you are asking the wrong people. wink

[X] will buy, of course
[  ] will not buy

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#9 2011-03-17 23:32:00

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

SteveA wrote:

TheDogman wrote:

Rikard, I happen to know that The Tangent also wants to tour in the U.S. Perhaps you guys could arrange something together?

Deja vu wink

What did you think I was referencing? big_smile

#10 2011-03-22 05:25:48

silentman1994

I'd love to get this release!  Sounds like a cool and interesting idea.
I wish I could be in Europe to catch a live show.  Hope you get to tour the states even if it is a small limited tour.  I'd travel where ever I'd need to go to catch one of those

#11 2011-04-03 13:52:33

Miner

Rikard, very sorry to hear that you’ve been through some problems, I really wish you all the best… you know we’re here to encourage and support our bearded fishes, always hungry for concerts and more of your amazing music!
Apart from the Crescendo Festival this summer, do you have any news about that 2011 tour??  I will attend at least one of the gigs, more if I can!
And as I’m specially in love with “The sane day”, my heart beats madly when you talk about different versions and related stuff! Don’t think more about it, just release it!

[X] will buy, of course
[  ] will not buy

#12 2011-04-04 03:44:08

Nick

This is a really cool idea, I'd definitely be getting a copy.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam