• Index
  •  » Beardfish
  •  » Beardfish and Moongarden @ De Boerderij, Zoetermeer RSS Feed

#1 2010-09-06 13:36:24

Hugo F.
Website

Beardfish and Moongarden @ De Boerderij, Zoetermeer

I'll keep it short.
We arrived at 20:30, late due to the traffic. Beardfish was already playing so we went in.
First thing I notice is Rikard's vocals. They weren't the best. After the first track he explained he wasn't feeling very well and he probably had a fever.

You could see (and hear) him struggle throughout the set. Luckily for him the setlist was predominantly instrumental. Obviously done on purpose.

The overall effect though was that the whole band wasn't a full 100%. Also due to a 16 hour drive I suppose..

But, the songs played, especially the older stuff from The Sane Day, were full of energy. It's just onstage that the chemistry was lacking.

Moongarden played around 23:00. We listened to the first few tracks and then we realized this is no band for us.
Six people onstage and no one really stood out. Not even Cristiano Roversi.
The new(?) singer never stopped. He just went on and on and on... Musically I heard some old Marillion but then the singer came again with his wailing. His "ekzent" didn't help either.

Lucky for us Moongarden came second. Ciao Moongarden.
After a two hour drive we were home at 1:00.

Thanks Beardfish. It was a great show with some lesser parts but I forgive you guys big_smile
See you next time!

• Index
  •  » Beardfish
  •  » Beardfish and Moongarden @ De Boerderij, Zoetermeer RSS Feed

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam