Prog-Sphere forums

Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#61 2009-09-22 13:34:06

Rikard Sjöblom

Re: Destined Solitaire

Hmmm... not sure what part you mean, but it's not impossible at all! I'm a big fan of early Maiden - "Killers" especially!

#62 2010-01-11 16:31:37

dtscape

Well... Just recently started to listen to the Beardfish back catalogue.

What can I say!!!! I've loved every bit of it. I must confess that I struggled, a little bit, at first to get to grips with Desined Solitaire but It's grown on me to such an extent that it is now my favourite Beardfish cd..... I simply love it.

I've noticed that there hasn't been that much activity on here for a while.... I hope thats not a sign  !!!! lol

Rikard... Is there any chance of any recording footage from Destined Solitaire as I loved watching the SIT2 footage(I'm fully aware of the time it takes to edit that stuff as I've done a few similar things myself and it is a pain!!!!)?

Is there any news on the next cd yet? (Have to ask!!!)
Or possibly a DVD? (that would be brilliant)
I managed to download The Sane Day release footage (avi file if I remember) and tranferred that to DVD... works quite well!!!!

#63 2010-01-11 17:53:30

Rikard Sjöblom

Well, we're working on some new stuff at the moment and it seems to be coming out quite heavy and also very groovy in a more hard rockin' kind of mood! But that's just a couple of the tracks we've planned so we don't know what the full album is going to be like - hopefully awesome though!

In the case of making of footage there is very little from the Destined Solitaire session, because we were so damn focused on making the actual album that we forgot to turn the camera on for most of the time. I mean, we had 78 minutes of music to record in five days... But maybe I'll edit it sometime when I'm bored smile

Regarding a live DVD there have been some plans but it would involve a big sum of money that we just don't have at the moment, but we will release something as soon as we're given the chance!

Cheers - Rikard

#64 2010-01-11 18:44:25

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

Dare I ask, but when you say "groovy and heavy" do you mean "the entire album (so far) sounds similar to the title track of Destined Solitaire"? That would be a literal dream come true for me big_smile

#65 2010-01-11 22:25:07

Hugo F.
Website

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

Regarding a live DVD there have been some plans but it would involve a big sum of money that we just don't have at the moment, but we will release something as soon as we're given the chance!

Why not let the fans preorder and pay for the DVD in advance? With the first 500 getting a "thank you" in the credits. That sort of thing.

#66 2010-01-12 07:11:52

Bertovo
Website

Rikard Sjöblom wrote:

Well, we're working on some new stuff at the moment and it seems to be coming out quite heavy and also very groovy in a more hard rockin' kind of mood! But that's just a couple of the tracks we've planned so we don't know what the full album is going to be like - hopefully awesome though!

God damn best news I've heard all day, absolutely loved the direction you guys went with the title track on Destined Solitaire

#67 2010-01-12 12:31:58

dtscape

Sounds great to me....
I must say that that is one element of Beardfish that i love..... The GROOVE!!!

I can't explain to people why I like the material so much as, in some ways, its the opposite of my usual taste. The raw guitars are something I'm not normally a fan of but with you guys it doesn't bother me in the slightest!! Very strange.

I love the vintage keys. The organs sound warm and fresh. The analogue synths just remind me of all the Genesis stuff that I simply adore. The Mellotron... well its a mellotron isn't it ... LOVELY!!!!!! I love the simple production of the stuff as well.. The drums just sound lovely and clear...You can hear all the ghost notes and tiny detail that add to the groove.

What can I say... Just brilliant!!!!!
You guys make me smile everytime I listen to you... Keep up the fantastic work.

#68 2010-02-04 22:07:43

FreddeGredde
Website

Hey Rikard Sjöblom! Tänkte bara säga att ni (du?) är grymma. big_smile Hoppas ni klarar av att försörja er på musiken!

Hey, watch my videos, some are quite prog:ish: http://www.youtube.com/user/Freddie25

#69 2010-02-05 01:33:29

SteveA
Administrator
Website

#70 2010-02-06 17:23:50

FreddeGredde
Website

SteveA: Thanks! smile I'm working on making something better though, so hopefully I'll be "competing" with Beardfish one day, being from the same city and everything!

Hey, watch my videos, some are quite prog:ish: http://www.youtube.com/user/Freddie25

#71 2010-02-06 22:47:25

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Competition is good (to a certain extent!). Maybe one day you'll share a stage with Beardfish.

Roine Stolt speaks very highly of your work too so you're impressing the right people wink

#72 2010-02-10 11:36:20

FreddeGredde
Website

SteveA: Whaaat, has Roine Stolt seen my videos? big_smile How do you know?

#73 2010-02-10 11:52:31

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam