Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-02 16:46:50

Spudman
Website

Studio equipment - Jonas

Hi Jonas
One time you told me how important certain pieces of studio equipment were for you. Could you tell us some of what you use in your studio? Your recordings are incredibly good sounding and I would enjoy hearing how you get such great recordings.

#2 2008-12-04 21:30:38

Reingold

Re: Studio equipment - Jonas

First of all you gotta have a good sound source, shit in shit out you know. I put a lot of money into a good instrument like my 1964 Jazz bass or my Custom Shop Gibson 1957 re issue. Then my gear is probably very normal for a proffesional recording studio. Genelec 1031 and 7071 sub bass. Focusrite ISA 430 and 220. MCI preamps, Apogee AD/DA converter. Neve 8816 summing mixer, Neumann mics,  AKG C12, AKG 414, Sure, Senheizer, etc.

But as always the most important thing is a good song and a good performance.

Jonas

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam