Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-02 17:56:54

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

Cool beans!

Yar, har, we've interviewed far, from Norway to Peru. Whatever Captain Rikard says, we'll deliver straight to you!

Um... yeah... THAT'S RIGHT! ProgSphere has recently completed an interview with Mr. Rikard Sjoblom of Beardfish, which will be posted on FRIDAY at some point during the day. We aren't actually sure when, because the blog might be set to Chicago time, or it might be set to NYC time, or it might be set to  Honduras time. Anyway, it's going to be posted whenever "8:00 AM" is wherever the time is set to. Uh, for you Europeans (meaning like 95% of the site), that means something like noon or 13:00, depending if you're in Britain or the "continent". You know what, the time doesn't even matter, the damn thing will be posted either way!

#2 2010-06-02 17:58:23

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

Re: Cool beans!

Waiiiittt a minute. I meant to say MONDAY the SEVENTH! Someone else's interview will be posted on Friday... Lalle Larsson's, to be precise. You guys should check his out too, though big_smile

#3 2010-06-04 12:17:10

Kazza3

Fantastic, thanks for telling us.

#4 2010-06-04 18:02:39

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

No problem. I hope you all can't wait till Monday!

#5 2010-06-07 13:19:48

ProgSphere
CEO at Prog Sphere
Website

We at Prog Sphere are proud to present an interview we made with one of our musical idols, the songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist/lyricist/accordianist/otherstuffist of BEARDFISH! We tried to make the interview comprehensive, so it would be futile to attempt to plumb its depths in this despicable synopsis. Read and enjoy! Click HERE for the interview!

#6 2010-06-07 20:19:11

ich_bin_besser

Sean from Progressive Ears posted this:

As you may have heard, tracking for the next Beardfish CD is done so I took a minute to holler at Rikard and ask him to tell us about it!

PE- How would you describe the musical direction on the new Beardfish CD?

RS- We've tried to create a progish hard rock monster! There's a bit of heavy metal twists and turns in there and I don't think David and I have ever done so many guitar dubs, haha! But there's also some 60's pop oriented stuff in there, think Love or The Zombies... there's a jazzier song too that features a sax player... There's also of course a real prog monster called "And the stone said; If I could speak" which had the project name Prog Majestic!

PE- Was there any concious plan to write a certain kind of CD?

RS- Nah, not really... I can't say honestly that we knew from the beginning how it would turn out when we started rehearsing the first song. But once we had the first few I think we felt like we wanted to keep it groovy, more riff based and to incorporate a rougher sound.. It's been a fun ride!

PE- What past BF CD would you say this new one has the most in common with?

RS- None of them, and all of them!

PE- When do you see it being released?

RS- In the fall, if we're fast enough with the post production it could be released in late August, early September!

PE- Is it too soon to share the name or a few track titles?

RS- I don't want to share the name in the (not likely) case we'll change it, but some track titles are: "The Platform", "Akakabuto", "Without Saying Anything" and "Ventriloquist"

PE- What's the average length of the tunes? Anything approaching epic porportions?

RS- There is a 15 min track (the prog monster!), the others are everything from 4 to 8 mins in length. And there is no title track, a first for us!

PE- Did you keep the F word to a minimum this time in hopes of radio play?

RS- Haha! No, but it doesn't pop up everywhere either. It's not Destined Solitaire... it's more aggressive but with less cursing!

PE- Would you say this CD picks up where Destined Solitaire left off?

RS- Hard to say... Maybe! It's like.. the songs are quite different from our previous ones, but they still sound Beardfish. Hard to say!

PE- Was there any theme you wrote around this time?

RS- Yeah; death, the ice age, love and life.. oh and extinct animals!

PE- Are we visiting Gooberville again?

RS- I'm sorry to say, no! We'll get back there eventually but not this time around!

PE- Musically how would you describe the new CD?

RS- Like being trampled down by a mammoth... and liking it!

Keep prog alive - see it live!

My music list

#7 2010-06-08 15:48:54

StagInsanity

Great interview, Astrallis and Dogman! I'm flattered that you included my wild suggestion in such a big thing big_smile Oh well, perhaps Tenacious D WILL take the hint though.

#8 2010-06-08 17:38:21

TheDogman
Tanuki Supreme
Website

Well I had to do something, after all the work we put into it.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam