Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-02 22:56:00

Rikard Sjöblom

Some Big News!!!

Hi there!

We got some news for you and this is sort of a big one, instead of the usual "write-around" I'll get right to the point:
Beardfish will start a collaboration with The Tangent, or here's another way to put it; the whole of Beardfish will play our part as the new band alongside Andy Tillison and the other guys, Theo and Jakko! Andy asked us about this a couple of weeks ago, we said YES and this monday he went official with the news on the Tangent website. We're very excited about this and we think it's going to be a fruitful collaboration smile

I feel obligated to tell you all that this in NO way means that Beardfish will be merged into The Tangent and seize to exist on it's own - on the contrary Beardfish is more alive and kicking than ever and we're currently working on new material for the next album! We're also planning some gigs (but I have to get back to you on that one...) for the autumn/winter and then some for 2009.
We basically just feel that this is a fun and interesting thing to do and that's what music is all about for us... In my humble opinion it feels like we're doing what The Band did with Bob Dylan back in the sixties, haha!

Andy has written a press release about this and if you wish to read it, here's the link:

http://www.thetangent.org/

So... now all we have to do is learn The Tangent's back catalogue, right? :-P

Cheers - Rikard Sjöblom of Beardfish

#2 2008-07-03 10:55:07

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: Some Big News!!!

This is very exciting news.

I think I photographed the seed of this collaboration at Spirit of 66 in Belgium, when Andy got up on stage to play keys in Dancer...

http://v8.spa-networks.co.uk/s_images/sa2008pics/Spirit66May08/original/IMG_3550.jpg

Andy said to me after the gig that he "would work with Beardfish again". Now I know what he meant wink

#3 2008-07-03 11:44:15

GuyM

Re: Some Big News!!!

Yes...good news indeed but I am sorry to tell you this.......you'll have to work with me too Rikard :0)
See you soon
Guy

Last edited by GuyM (2008-07-03 12:33:23)

#4 2008-07-03 11:53:46

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam