Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-14 02:57:15

troutsider

New member from Sweden

Hello!

Reading is nice but I thought I’d join and try to contribute.

I’m brought up with the swedish tradition of prog that leaned towards old time folk music -electrified.
The psychedelic folk from bands such as Kebnekajse, Träd Gräs & Stenar, Arbete & Fritid. And the ‘drums and hammond’-virtuouse group Hansson & Karlsson and others.

Right now I’m listening a lot to the great stuff coming from the Guruguru Brain Label; Kikagaku Moyo, Sundays & Cybele, even Minami Deutsch is growing on me.

Not overly enthusiastic about math, metal and such. To be diplomatic.. wink

#2 2017-12-14 09:52:39

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Re: New member from Sweden

Hello Troutsider.

If you enjoy Hammond & Drums have you checked out Bootcut?

Its Rikard from Beardfish and the original drummer that he fired wink

There are two albums, Hammond vs Drums and De Fluff. There were rumours of a 2017 album, but nothing's been announced yet and were nearly done with 2017. Maybe 2018.

#3 2017-12-14 10:37:58

troutsider

SteveA wrote:

Hello Troutsider.

If you enjoy Hammond & Drums have you checked out Bootcut?

Its Rikard from Beardfish and the original drummer that he fired wink

There are two albums, Hammond vs Drums and De Fluff. There were rumours of a 2017 album, but nothing's been announced yet and were nearly done with 2017. Maybe 2018.

Thank you for the link! Great stuff, hope he had good reasons for firing that drummer, liked his playing on this track.

#4 2017-12-14 10:43:19

SteveA
Administrator
Website

I should have been clear- he fired Petter Diamant from Beardfish, however he continues to work with him in his side projects (Bootcut, Gungfly).

#5 2017-12-14 11:23:32

troutsider

SteveA wrote:

I should have been clear- he fired Petter Diamant from Beardfish, however he continues to work with him in his side projects (Bootcut, Gungfly).

Happy to hear that! Because this sounded great.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam