Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-03 16:24:59

Hugo F.
Website

Jasper van Emmerik

Jahaa Jasper, deze is voor jou! wink
http://www.jaspervanemmerik.nl/

I don't know if you know this but the two songs at his site sound quite nice actually. Influenced by the bluesy guitar of David Gilmour. Full of potential. The ambience track is also very cool.

#2 2009-03-03 20:56:06

jaspervemmerik
Website

Re: Jasper van Emmerik

haha, dankjewel! tongue
There's a new song on the way, which I hope to finish within a few weeks, since I'm going on a trip with school during which I won't be able to work on it. It's almost finished though!
I'm going to put some vocals on it aswell, I just have to come up with some good lyrics, but it's coming... smile

#3 2009-04-27 12:28:17

jaspervemmerik
Website

For those who are interested, I've got a new song online. Hope you like it! smile

#4 2009-12-23 19:07:15

jaspervemmerik
Website

I've been working on a new song with my guitar-teacher. It's much more 'progressive rock' then my earlier songs. We just sort of finished the the first part: 'overture', which is listenable in the musicplayer.

#5 2009-12-23 21:27:55

Hugo F.
Website

Checking out now..

#6 2009-12-23 21:49:54

Hugo F.
Website

Hey, that's actually pretty nice! Yes, I hear the Beardfish influences!
It feels a bit slow to me. Sometimes changing a tempo drastically changes the atmosphere of a song. It's obviously a choice (or you were limited by the click/ drums?)
I reckon this is around 60 bps? Perhaps changing it to 80 would feel better? Might give it more of an edge.
When we play music we sometimes need to play a piece two, three times to get the right tempo.

But the music is fine! Great. Wish I could write something like this.

If you ever consider recording an album, please keep me updated. If you ever need a saxophone, please PM me wink

So, how about posting a link to:
Semi-Nepgitaar Orgel Pink Floydimitatie Demo (6:28)

At least the title sounds interesting wink

#7 2010-02-23 20:00:25

Hugo F.
Website

Hey Jasper, like the new song:
Paper Airplanes

#8 2010-03-02 20:42:04

jaspervemmerik
Website

ah, thank you! Always good to now that people like your stuff! smile
'Semi-Nepgitaar Orgel Pink Floydimitatie Demo' isn't that good. It was one of my first recordings, when I didn't know how to programm the drums yet, so they don't really follow the beat. plus that it's more like a sort of jam-thing, nothing special. tongue
Actually I want to do musical education next year,  but I'll first have to pass my exams. wink I do want to release an album some day, but no immediate plans.

#9 2010-03-02 23:15:55

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Hey Jasper

Your music is great and a formal musical education is a good idea. But, as you obviously realise, a good general education and exam passes is also really important, especially as its difficult to make a living out of music these days. Everyone seems to think they're entitled to music for free roll

Good luck, and I hope to be able to buy your CDs and attend your gigs in the future cool

#10 2010-03-03 17:53:45

jaspervemmerik
Website

yep, I know, that's why I'm going to read History at the same time, though part time, as a sort of Plan B. tongue
Even if I won''t get in, I'll probably continue to make music anyway, and we'll see how it goes. At least I tried. wink
thanks for the support! smile

#11 2010-08-30 20:05:10

jaspervemmerik
Website

Here's my latest effort. I'm allready working on the other parts.
Got one finished, but lyrics is always a hard thing for me. I'm never satisfied with what I right.
But I'm getting there, slowly...

I'm also looking for a band to possibly perform this live, when it's finished.
So hopefully I'll be able to find some students/musicians in Utrecht. wink

#12 2010-08-31 08:15:52

Hugo F.
Website

Jasper, this is really great! Mostly Camel (in a Moonmadness kind of way*) I hear, with a hint of Gilmour.
If lyrics are a problem, then don't do them! Instrumental music can speak for itself. Paint a picture with the music and perhaps use some soundeffects. If Dark side of the Moon didn't have lyrics, it still would be a great album.

Last edited by Hugo F. (2010-08-31 08:17:05)

#13 2010-08-31 12:56:03

jaspervemmerik
Website

actually, I was thinking more ELP when i wrote it (tarkus, for instance, though I guess that one is a little bit more complicated) and hearing Gilmour in my playing is inevitable, having listened (and played) too much Floyd in the past.tongue I'm not that familiar with Camel (I do own moonmadness) but I definitely hear some resemblance here. wink

I have some lyrics which I like now, I just struggle with it sometimes.
Instrumental can be an option though, but everything I've done so far is instrumental, so I thought this would be sort of a challenge and I'd like to see how my voice fits the music.
Might be an idea though for future songs. wink

thanks for the positive response! smile

#14 2011-08-13 23:11:55

jaspervemmerik
Website

Hey All!
It's been a while, but I've got a new song online! And this time with vocals! Mind you, it's still a demo: It's needs some automation, my guitar is a bit out of tune and the Bass-sound isn't entirely constant. But it gives a pretty good idea of what it should be. smile

#15 2011-08-15 15:35:19

SteveA
Administrator
Website

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam