Progressive Rock discussion groups

Follow progforums on Twitter

Ad settings

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-15 22:23:44

maidenite90

History Disseration

Hi everyone,

I am a third year student at Queen's University Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have decided that my dissertation shall be a social history of the audience of progressive rock in England in the late 60s and 70s. My aim is to examine the stereotypes that are often associated with the fans- white, male, middle class and well educated. I want to access the idea that progressive rock was a self-liberated counterculture and if the audience viewed itself as being somehow different from other cultural groups. Why did people admire and enjoy this style of music? Does the nature of this style of music reveal anything about its listeners? How did the audience fit into the cultural and economic context of the time? How did people get into it?

I am going to approach this as an oral history so I need accounts from folks who were fans during the time. This would involve a chat over the phone (preferably) or a questionaire by email.

If anyone can help that would be amazing.

It must be FANS FROM THE 60s & 70S WHO WERE IN ENGLAND AT THE TIME. It doesn't matter what nationality, but as I am mainly looking at the ENGLISH context I need people who lived there and followed that scene. Names don't have to be mentioned in the dissertation if that is anyone's wish.

Many thanks,
Lee.

Board footer

Protect your brand, users & email deliverability. Progforums @ Bandcamp Let’s Encrypt- free automated & open certificate authority (CA) SiteUptime Web Site Monitoring Service Stop Forum Spam